22 | ghosts

twenty-two
ghosts.

"THIS WEDDING WILL be the re-making of the Spellman family," Zelda exclaims excitedly the next day as her, Hilda, Sabrina, Ambrose, and Selene make gifts for her wedding

"THIS WEDDING WILL be the re-making of the Spellman family," Zelda exclaims excitedly the next day as her, Hilda, Sabrina, Ambrose, and Selene make gifts for her wedding. Faustus had proposed to her a few days ago, and they decided to have the wedding soon. "The Anti-Pope, the Unholy Papal himself, is traveling from Rome, the Vatican Necropolis, to marry Faustus and I. What an honor the Dark Lord has bestowed on us. In two days, I shall, forever more, be Mrs.Zelda Spellman-Blackwood."

"I only wish I could be there, see you down the aisle," Hilda comments sadly, not able to attend the wedding since she's been excommunicated.

"Oh, stop bleating, Hilda," Zelda insists, smiling at her sister. "I told you, I'm going to speak to Faustus about lifting your excommunication. After all, you have your duties as my maid of dishonor to carry out. Otherwise, they fall to Sabrina or Selene, who have both been unusually quiet these days."

"If you can't say anything nice...," Sabrina shrugs, clearly not approving of the marriage. Her distaste for it has been ridiculously clear. "I mean, putting aside the fact that you obviously don't love Father Blackwood, you don't even trust him."

"In less than 48 hours, I will be the wife of the High Priest, whether you like it or not," Zelda counters as Selene speaks up with a smile.

"Well, I for one am happy to have a stepmother I actually like," the redhead declares bluntly. "Especially after the last one. She was such a bitch."

She frowns at the memory of her last stepmother, the one that had plotted to kill her and Prudence. If she hadn't died of child birth, she would've been burned for her treason.

Sabrina gapes at her friend, swatting her arm gently. "She's dead."

"Doesn't make her any less of a bitch," Selene remarks as they all give her looks that say, are you serious? "What? She tried to kill me."

Salem then climbs up onto the table, and Ambrose shoos him away. Salem jumps off of the table and runs away from him while Ambrose glares at him. "You better run, you little prick!"

"Leave Salem alone!" Sabrina snaps, matching his angry look. Selene looks between them, knowing why Ambrose is mad at Salem. Ambrose's familiar is a rat named Leviathan, and he's convinced that Salem ate him.

"I will," Ambrose nods, glaring at his cousin. "As soon as he regurgitates Leviathan."

"Salem didn't eat your familiar."

"Yeah, then where is he?" Ambrose questions, quickly silencing Sabrina. Hilda, on the other hand, speaks up.

"Probably in the walls with the other mice."

"Okay, I have to go find a dress to wear to the wedding," Selene stands up and kisses Ambrose on the cheek before going to her bedroom to pick out an outfit. She tries on several outfits before deciding to wear a short red dress and a pair of black heels. She goes to wash her dress, and once she puts it in the washer, she pulls a set of sheets out of it and goes to dry them on the clothes line outside.