08 | resurrection jokes

eight
resurrection jokes.

TWO WEEKS LATER

TWO WEEKS LATER

"MHM, NO. THAT outfit is too mundane," Selene frowns, watching Sabrina try to find an outfit for the day. It's their first day back from holiday break, and they both want to look perfect. Selene is sitting on Sabrina's bed, wearing a scarlet colored dress. It's the same shade as her hair and lipstick, and she has a black leather jacket and booties to match. She stands up and walks over to Sabrina's closet, picking out a black sweater and black and red plaid skirt. She then plucks some stocks off of the floor and throws the outfit at the white headed girl. "Here, try these."

Sabrina catches the outfit with ease, and snaps her fingers to change her clothes with magic. She then looks at herself in the mirror and exchanges a pleased look with her best friend. "You've outdone yourself once again, Selene."

"Oh, it was no big deal," the redhead winks at her, pocketing her phone before the duo make their way to the kitchen where the aunties sit with Ambrose.

"Good morning, Aunties," Sabrina greets, taking her usual seat next to Zelda. Selene, on the other hand, sits on the counter next to Ambrose, who's eating cereal. "Ambrose."

She pecks him on the cheek before Hilda hands her a plate of food. She thanks Hilda quietly before Zelda scoffs. "Deafening morning, you mean. Wasn't that music rather loud?"

Selene and Sabrina exchange glances before both snicker. They'd been playing music when they were picking out their outfits to help lighten up the mood. They hadn't really thought about what anyone else would think about it.

"Loud enough to wake the dead," Ambrose comments as Selene swats his arm. Sabrina gives him an are you serious? look in response, and he sighs. "Too soon for resurrection jokes? Mhm."

"And since when do you wear black?" Zelda asks, looking up and down at Sabrina's outfit. She then glances at Selene's, and shakes her head at them. "Are you girls trying to be edgy?"

"Loosen up, Aunt Zee," Sabrina insists optimistically. "It's a new year, a new cycle. Time to blow the cobwebs away."

"I don't know about you guys, but I agree with Brina," Selene states, an excited grin on her face. "I'm not gonna let this year be a repeat of last year. It's gonna be a better year."

"Well, I admire the way you two are thinking," Zelda quips before glancing at her sister. "Hilda, any calls for the mortuary?"

"Not a sausage."

"And I checked the obits, it should be quiet here," Ambrose informs as Selene exchanges yet another look with Sabrina. They need to tell the others about their new arrangement today. "Like the tomb."

"Marvelous," Zelda smiles lightly, relived. "We'll take the hearse to the Academy."

"Can me and Selene ride with you guys?"

"Oh, we're going tout de suite," Zelda shrugs like it's no big deal. "The High Priest would like to introduce me to the other faculty members before First Assembly. And isn't Baxter High back in session today?"

"Yes, but me and Brina made a decision last night," Selene inhales nervously, pondering how they'll react. "We want to focus on our witch studies for a while."

"Are you two dropping out of high school?" Ambrose deadpans, making it sound a lot worse than it is.

"No, we're just taking a sabbatical," Sabrina remarks, nearly as nervous as Selene is.

"What's this about, girls?" Hilda demands, focusing her attention on them instead of her food like she was just a moment before.

"Education," Sabrina answers simply. That's technically half the truth. They also both want to ignore their mortal friends since they're not on the best terms. "At Baxter High, we study geometry. At the Academy of Unseen Arts, we study sacred geometry. The Academy's curriculum is just more rigorous and rewarding than Baxter High's."

"Do you two not want to see Rosalind, and Susie, and Harv-" Hilda cuts off, immediately realizing her mistake. In the house, everybody has tried to refrain from mentioning Harvey since Sabrina broke up with him. She still loves him, but she's trying to protect him by not being with him. "Uhh... your other friends?"

"Nice save, Hilda," Selene mutters under her breath, wondering if she's gonna have to talk to any of her family members. She's been dodging her father and Quinn, because she doesn't want to lie to her father and she doesn't know what to think about Quinn. She also doesn't like how her father is basically making his warlock's worship her baby brother, Judas. She loves her brother, nonetheless. But her and Prudence are actually good now.

"I'll call Baxter High and tell them that Sabrina's contracted scarlet fever and that Selene caught it from her and not to expect you girls for the next two weeks."

"Don't bother, Zelda," Selene shakes her head at the older witch. "Ms.Wardwell is the new principal, so me and Brina have already talked to her. She's said she's okay with us having an indefinite leave of absence."

UNEDITED