07 | not ever again

seven
not ever again.

CHRISTMAS EVE

CHRISTMAS EVE

SELENE IS SURPRISED when she finds Harvey sitting on the door step of the Spellman home a few days later. She smiles at him, unlocking the front door. "Hey, Harvey. Are you here to see Sabrina? You can come inside-"

"I'm actually here to see you," Harvey cuts her off gently, successfully making the redhead even more surprised. He then pulls the Cartier watch out of his bag, holding it carefully. "I can't keep this. It's not just too expensive for a gift, but I don't trust magic. I appreciate you trying to protect me, but I don't want you to use magic with me. Or on me, or near me. Not ever again."

Selene wants to tell him that not all magic is bad, and that her and Sabrina aren't bad. But she can't. To her, magic is this amazing, wonderful thing that she wouldn't be able to live without. But to him, it's the thing that got his brother killed. So when he offers her the watch, she takes it.

"I hope you understand."

She wants to tell him that she doesn't understand, but again, she can't. She hates having things be so awkward between them, like she's behind a glass wall and he's on the other side. "I- I get why you can't keep it."

"Well, I should get back to my dad," Harvey declares, stopping to take one last look at the redhead. "But Merry Christmas. Or... what do you guys say?"

"Bright Solstice," Selene replies, putting her keys on the desk beside her. He then moves to go, but she can't help it. "Harvey? I'm really sorry for everything."

"I know."

And with that, he walks out the door, leaving Selene confused. She lets out a shaky breath, missing her friend more than she can put into words. But at this point, there's nothing she can do to fix their friendship, so she puts on her best smile and walks into the living room where Sabrina, Ambrose, Hilda, Zelda, an Leticia are sitting.

"Who was that, Selene?" Zelda questions, rocking Leticia in her cradle.

"Oh, just a friend from school," Selene shrugs, not wanting to upset Sabrina by saying it was Harvey. She beams at Ambrose, laying down on the couch beside him. "He just dropped something off for my English class."

"Well, aside from the home invasion and the child abduction, I'd say this was a pretty merry Solstice," Ambrose grins, picking up a glass of scotch. "Bright Yuletide, Spellmans and Selene."

Selene raises her glass before she notices that Sabrina hasn't raised hers. She then nudges the blonde. "Come on, Brina. Get into the holiday spirit."

Sabrina can't help but smile at Selene before she raises her own glass. "And Satan bless us, every one."

"Oh, and now all we have to do is get through witch Epiphany in one piece without, eh, some other terror rising from the bowels of Hell," Hilda remarks, making Selene laugh wholeheartedly.

"Yeah, I'd say the odds of that are pretty low," the redhead retorts, sipping her drink. "We're like one big danger magnet."

Her familiar—Violet then climbs up onto the couch, and nestles herself between the couch and Selene. "Oh, hey, Vi."

As soon as she touches Violet, her eyes roll into the back of her head and she's sucked into a vision of three demons in black cloaks stepping out of the Kinkle's mines. She lets out a gasp, jerks forward, and drops her drink in the process.

The redhead jumps as her drink falls to the ground and shatters into a million pieces. Everybody watches as Selene stares at it, trying to comprehend what she had just seen in her head. But it's Ambrose who leans forward and gently taps her. "Selene, are you alright?"

Selene is pulled out of her haze by his voice, and she forces a smile. But the image of the demons continue to play behind her eyes, like she'd seen something she wasn't supposed to. "I'm fine. Perfectly fine."

UNEDITED