21 | tarot cards

twenty-one
tarot cards.

SELENE HEADS TO Dr

SELENE HEADS TO Dr.Cerberus's a couple of days later since the weather's terrible. It's been pouring down rain all day, so she's been binging movies all day. She goes to get some candy, but the second she gets there, Hilda flags her down excitedly.

"Selene, dear, you should get a Tarot reading!" The Spellman witch suggests, enthusiastically pointing at an elderly woman in the corner of the shop, shuffling a deck of Tarot cards.

"Mundane card readers are almost always fake," Selene points out, pulling her rain jacket off and hanging it on the coat rack. "If I wanted my cards read, I'd have Josie do it."

"Oh, just give it a shot," Hilda insists, basically pushing her towards the old women's table. She sighs, not having anything else to do, so she forces a smile and takes a seat across from the woman.

"I take it you have some questions about your future, dear," the woman—Mrs.McGarvey says, basically reading Selene's mind.

Selene looks at her skeptically, deciding it won't hurt to confide in the woman since she probably won't ever see her again. "I do, actually. I feel like I'm at a crossroads, and I have to pick between two paths. I've been walking down this one path my entire life with my best friend, but right now, I feel like I'm being pulled towards a different one. A darker one. I don't know if I want to, though."

"Mhm, well lets see what the cards say," Mrs.McGarvey decides, giving the girl an odd look. She then pulls the first card on the top of the deck, and Selene smirks once she sees that it's the devil card. It shows the mundane version of the Dark Lord sitting on a throne with two Greater Demons kneeling at his feet.

"That's definitely a dark path," the redhead remarks, shifting in her seat uncomfortably.

"This card shows one's shadow—the dark side that most people try to hide," Mrs.McGarvey explains as she draws another card from the deck. This one's the High Priestess card. It one shows a woman sitting on a different throne, dressed in all white with a crown sitting on her head.

"This one is a card of mystery, stillness, and passivity. It means you should trust your instincts to help you make decisions. Things around you aren't as they appear to be right now," the older woman continues before drawing the last card. Selene sighs once she sees that it's the Two of Blades card. It shows a woman wearing a white robe, a blindfold over her eyes while she holds two long swords in her hands. Two men stand on either side of her, one wearing white clothes and one wearing dark clothes. "Ah. Two of Blades. You're confused about your plight, and cannot see a problem or solution clearly. You don't have all of the information yet, so you can't choose what you wanna do."

"These cards are uncannily correct," Selene replies bluntly, playing with her hair nervously. She knows there's gonna come a point where she's gonna have to make a decision about what kind of witch she wants to be. She just hopes it's not too soon. "Thank you."

She smiles kindly at the elderly woman before going to get the candy she'd originally come for. The cards keep nagging at her as she drives back to the Spellman's house in the rain.

So when she gets up to her room, she pulls a box of candles out from under her bed. She then places them carefully in a big circle, and retrieves a box of matches. She lights each candle before pulling out a knife and cutting down her hand roughly. Letting out a groan of pain, she lets her blood drip onto the floor a bit before she lays down in the middle of the circle, trying to do a scrying spell so she can see the future. "No mentre la prophecie que la veo le otra ve. No mentre la prophecie que la veo le otra ve. No mentre la prophecie que la veo le otra ve."

She cuts off, letting out a gasp as she gets sucked into a vision, having no idea that she's sharing this vision with the Weird Sister's. She sees quick flashes of an alter, a coffin, and a lot of blood. Then, one of the darker voices in her head speaks. "Beware. The Spellmans will be the undoing of the Blackwoods. You will have to choose."

Selene had been looking for the future, but not this. The girl jerks out of the vision with a loud gasp, and nearly knocks over one of the candles. She feels a pit begin to form in her stomach as she quickly pushes herself to her feet and begins cleaning up the mess she'd made in order to do the ritual. She doesn't want anyone to see and know what spell she did. If they did, they'd wanna know what she found out. She doesn't want anybody to know about it, but what she doesn't know is that it's too late. The Weird Sister's end up telling Faustus about it the first chance they get.

UNEDITED