27 | the dark lord's sword

twenty-seven
the dark lord's sword.

HER MIND CALLS to her family sword, Durendal as Sabrina wakes up, something else in charge of her body

As she'd suspected, Durendal comes flying towards her a few moments later, and she catches it easily. The weapon feels cool in her hands, like it's meant to be. But it does surprise Selene a bit when fire begins to come from the sword, and it doesn't burn her.  She doesn't even feel the cut on her stomach.

Selene's eyes glow an unearthly green as she uses transmutation to rush over to the angels, holding her sword just a few mere inches from one of their throats. The angel flinches, feeling the heat from the fire. Sabrina, on the other hand, levitates a couple of feet in the air, her eyes completely white. "We offer you a chance to survive the night. Convert, Hunters. Take Lucifer Morningstar into your hearts, and I promise you mercy. But you must say His prayer. 'O, Mighty Dark Lord, by whom all things are set afire'."

"Never," Jerathmiel shakes his head, not budging as thunder rolls dangerously outside. He flinches as Selene presses the tip of her sword to his throat, drawing just a little bit of blood.

"Wanna try that again?" Selene questions, a dangerous glint in her eyes. The other witches and warlocks watch in horror, never having seen either of them like this. "I'm not quite as merciless as Sabrina."

"Say it with me, or you'll burn in Hellfire!" Sabrina yells, urging them to not make this harder than it has to be. Jerathmiel nods at the other angels, and they begin to chant with Sabrina. "O, Mighty Dark Lord, by whom all things are set afire. Thy power be thy path. Thy will be my desire. In Hell as it is on Earth. Praise Satan."

"Praise Satan!" They cheer as fire engulfs both of Sabrina's hands. She, however, appears to not feel it.

"Well done," she cheers, but then a nasty look crosses her face. "But my, how quickly you turn on your false God."

"You're not a witch," Jerathmiel observes, his eyes widening in utter realization and fear. He looks at Sabrina questioningly, ignoring how Selene's sword digs into his neck a little bit more. "What are you?"

"I am the Dark Lord's Sword!" Sabrina screams before she uses her powers to set the other angels on fire without an incantation.

Selene smirks at Jerathmiel darkly before slicing his throat with her blade without a second thought. He clutches his throat for a moment, choking on his own blood as his legs give out from under him.

"I guess I'll see you in Hell," Selene comments as his body bursts into flames. All three of the witches burn in a big, beautiful inferno before disappearing, only leaving behind some ashes.

"Arise, Sister. Arise, Brother," Sabrina instructs, and miraculously, the two dead witches and warlocks wake up, all of their wounds healing as they do so. They look at Sabrina and Selene thankfully, but the other members of the coven look at them like they fear them.