Chapter 19 - Feelings

Chapter 19 – Feelings.

Georgia; The Walking Dead Set;

Jeffrey Dean Morgan...

Leaving her this morning was one of the hardest things I had ever done; with her deep brown hair framed out on the pillow like some sort of halo adorning her head. The gentle brush of her long lashes on the top of her cheek-bones, as her eyes moved rapidly under the lids, her mouth slightly open – I hadn't thought that she could get more beautiful, until I saw her this morning – once again, in all things Emily related; I was proven wrong.

It wasn't hard to recognise her as Grace' daughter. I, sort of hate that fact, especially when it came to my ex-wife, Lizzy.

My ex-wife, had always known that I had been in love with my best friends' wife. I, had stupidly, confided in her about how I was suddenly finding myself attracted to Emily. At first, Lizzy had actually been supportive and comforting, as she tried to convince me – what I should do, and I, honestly, thought that she had changed. In fact; I had been so convinced that I thought my secret feelings for Emily were safe with my ex-wife.

I am such a fucking moron!

The day Charlie had asked for my blessing to marry my oldest daughter, Lizzy had shown up at the house – dressed like some twisted version of Emily. I say, twisted because for her whole life; Lizzy had, had natural bleach blonde hair, but that was all gone; she died her hair a deep chestnut brown colour to match that of Emily's natural colouring. Then there is the fact that she was dressed like Emily.

Emily had been, understandably, freaked out by my ex-wife. Once Emily had hightailed it out of my house; I had pulled Lizzy to the side and told her that she was out of line and that was when she had said it...

'You are only interested in her because she is Grace's double and you think that being with Emily is, almost, like being with Grace.... finally!'

Of course, I had been absolutely livid; mainly because – I had seen the resemblance myself but the outside was where the resemblance ended. Emily was so different to Grace, and I don't know if that is because Ben had raised her alone or what, but deep down, I knew that it didn't matter – Emily was the one, that I wanted and my feelings had nothing to do with who her mother was.

'Hey babe, what time are you finished filming for the day? E x' just in that moment she had sent me a text, almost like she had known that I was thinking of her.

'Hey darlin', I am stuck here for another 4 hours, why? J x'

'Charlie showed up – he's needing my help with something; I was just wondering how long I had. E x'

I figure Charlie was enlisting Emily to help him find the perfect engagement ring. Charlie and Emily had become good friends, as my daughter, had done everything that she could think of to make him walk away.

I can't stop my irrational, or paranoid thoughts from entering my mind – what if she finds someone closer to her own age? What if she decides that I am far too old for her? How would I feel? I am surprised that I feel instantly devastated. I didn't even realise that I was this deeply invested in this relationship; but it was true and I am now smiling like a fucking moron.

"What's up with you, joker?" Norman approached to have a cigarette with me. Making reference to the fact that I am smiling like the new adaption of the Joker from Batman.

"I think, that right in this moment, I am the happiest man in the world, smart ass!" I retorted.

"And does that have something to do with little Miss Jail-Bait?"