Chapter 24 - Coming Home

Chapter 24 – Coming Home.

2 Weeks Later;

Emily Sanders...

I had picked up the ring, that Charlie purchased, from the Jewellers yesterday – it truly was stunning and I know that Paige is going to love it. Jeffrey was impressed – which is always a good thing when it comes to getting your father-in-law's opinion. From what I had seen; the 2 got along well and Jeffrey never had a bad word to say about Charlie – that has to be a good thing. Honestly, biased I know, but I can't imagine anyone not being able to get along with Jeffrey.

Our flight back to LA was in a couple of hours – so we were currently sat in the VIP lounge. Being in public – meant that we needed to keep our distance from one another; no touching, no holding hands, no kissing; it was torture – I want to touch him, I want to slide my hand into his, I want to kiss him. My body always seemed to have a very sensual reaction when near Jeffrey; or, lately, even when I just thought about him. What was weird, was the fact that he seemed to be just as in tune with my body too.

"Calm down baby," leaning across the table – he was so close that all I had to do was pout and our lips would brush one another's. God, I want him.

"I can't help it – you are just so fucking hot!"

The way he chuckled, deep in his throat, almost from his chest; only served to turn me on more; it was the dimples, damn it, I am so fucking attracted to him that it's ridiculous. It is just so much stronger than anything that I have ever felt before, for anyone. Was this what being in love felt like? Because if it is, how does anyone ever get anything done? I could quite happily stay in bed with this man; fucking over and over until dehydration claimed me. I think that I need to ask Paige this very question, I mean; I don't have to tell her that I am seeing someone, I would be just asking in general. I have never felt this way before – I need advice.

However, right now, Jeffrey was right – I need to calm down and control my rising libido.

Charlie had told us that he had booked the Ice-rink for tomorrow night – he was going to propose; during the night. I have to admit – I was worried about Paige – she hadn't been herself this past week and I am beginning to wonder if I have done something to piss her off. I am not entirely sure what I could have done – but I just want to get home so I can talk to her about whatever it is, that is going on.

It had crossed my mind that she maybe knew about Jeffrey and I. Maybe Charlie had decided that he just couldn't keep this secret from her, I couldn't blame him but I am not sure, but it is a possibility. Right?

"What's on your mind?" that, sexy voice enquired, having that effect on me all over again.

Damn it!

"When you have talked to Paige; has she seemed off with you?"

"Define off?"

"I don't know; it's like she just doesn't want to talk and can't wait to end the call quick enough,"

"I can't say I have noticed,"

Great. So, it is me! I don't know what but I have clearly pissed her off about something. Paige is my best friend; having her mad at me, isn't something that sits well with me. I need to know what I have supposedly done; but I refuse to have that conversation over the phone. Our friendship had never been about holding things back from one another, so I figure whatever it is, it has to be something big – but I will not give up on our friendship. Even if she knows about Jeffrey and I – Paige is my family, that is not something that you ever give up on.