Chapter 42 ~ The Last Straw

A Couple of Days Later;

Emily Sanders...

I still can't believe it ~ how the hell could I have forgotten?

When I had stayed with Paige and Charlie; I had set the security camera's to back up all the footage to my laptop ~ just so that I could check in remotely. Paige and Jeffrey had explained what had happened at the club after the paramedics had taken me to the hospital.

Finally, Lizzy had made a mistake; a very big mistake and it was in the worst possible way....well, the worst way for her but happily for Jeffrey and I.

The entire attack had taken less time than I would have expected ~ I saw myself on the hood of my car; getting off and stretching. I had even smoked an entire cigarette. Lizzy had been croutched behind a van; watching me and waiting for the right moment to attack me. I had watched myself, phone in hand; completely oblivious to anything around me and then BAM! My skull shattered when the bat had made contact with my head.

Lizzy had rushed back to her hiding spot and waited as my best friend came out of the club and it tore my heart apart to see my friend drop everything and race to my side; she was beyond hysterical and frantic; she was clearly unsure of what she was doing but throughout it all; she never let my hand go.

I'd watched when the paramedics arrived and had done their job of quickly securing my neck and head. The minute that the ambulance drove away ~ Lizzy headed straight into the club. We had watched as she had an erratically trashed my club.

Jeffrey had called the police; whom had taken my laptop as evidence. I am glad because if I had it here now; I would undoubtedly end up torturing myself by watching it repeatedly.

Once all of that had been sorted; Jeffrey and I talked about the baby and we both decided; that despite it not being the best timing ~ neither of us could stand the thought of aborting. This baby was ours ~ the baby that had been produced by love, and what we shared with each other. We both agreed that there was no other option ~ we were going to have this baby.

Unfortunately, someone had leaked the news to the media and everyone now, knew that we were having a baby. It wasn't ideal that everyone knew, but we just had to go with it and just do what we can. Upon the reveal ~ Lizzy had doubled down on her phone calls to me. The past couple of days ~ she has called on the hour, every hour; waking us up in the middle of the night, interrupting whatever we would be doing.

I am nearing the end of my temper ~ it wasn't going to take much more to make me snap.

The thing is I am terrified; I don't want to leave the house, I barely answer my phone anymore, every hour or so; I would go around the house double checking that the windows and doors were closed and locked up, I don't watch TV, I don't listen to music ~ I need the quiet so that I am alert and on guard for if she came back to attack me again.

I know that my boyfriend and my friends don't understand this behaviour and I truly don't expect them too. In fact Jeffrey had mentioned that he thinks that maybe I have some sort of P.T.S.D. I don't know if I do but I am scared all the time, my body has locked my frame into the fight stance. I barely talk because I am afraid that I wouldn't hear her breaking in, I just feel so exhausted.

Jeffrey has been so amazing but it's not just my physical state ~ we'd sit together and he would just hold me; safely and securely in his powerful arms, it was the one true place that I felt safe. Why? Because I know that Lizzy loves him; there is no way that she would risk hurting him to get to me ~ even she isn't that bat~shit crazy!

If I don't want to talk; Jeffrey supports me and doesn't question it, he hasn't tried to belittle me, or get into my head about why I am acting this way ~ he just nods his head and goes with it. Even when I get up every hour or so, to do my routine double~check of the windows and doors; Jeffrey doesn't tell me not to, he doesn't tell me that I am over~reacting and he doesn't even try to help, thankfully.