Chapter 22 - The Morning After...

Chapter 22 – The Morning After.

Emily Sanders...

What kind of fucking moron calls someone's cell phone before 8am?

The ringing had pierced my deep and relaxing slumber – and whoever it is, will be getting a piece of my fucking mind. Anyone who knows me, knows that under no circumstances were they to phone my cell phone before 11am, unless it is urgent of course.

Scrambling on the night-stand until my fingers were curled around my cell phone.

"What?" I answered grumpily, there was no answer – oh-no-not-today, they had made their very first mistake, "listen, asshole, clearly you are getting some sort of sick kick out of this – I suggest that like any other fucking pervert; either go to a fucking strip club or watch some fucking porn online!" and with that I pressed the end-call button, put my phone on silent and put it back on the night-stand.

"What the hell was that?" Jeffrey asked as I snuggled back under the covers, and into his arms.

Fuck! See this was why I hate early mornings – my mouth runs away from me at the first hurdle, and now I am in trouble. What do I say now? Should I lie? Or should I just spill it all out? The calls, the car last night and the sense of being followed and watched!

How would he react?

"Babe?"

"Sorry," I mumbled, turning around in his arms to look him in the eye, and as always, I am momentarily lost, "the thing is – I have had a few silent calls...."

"From who?"

"That's it; I don't know – they call and nothing – no background noise, no heavy breathing; just absolutely nothing,"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I, honestly, thought that I could handle, and I was, but...." there I go again. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I never wanted to tell Jeffrey about this – it's my problem and I have always dealt with my own problems by myself. My eyes can't seem to pull out of his; I swear that they have some very powerful magical power to hypnotise me. I just can't lie to him. I don't want to lie to him.

The thing is; if I tell him the other stuff – will he take over to fix it? Now don't get me wrong; I want him to support me, but I do not want him to take over.

"But, what?"

"Ok, I don't want you to try and fix this – I want to handle it my own way; can you deal with that?" I asked him and he nodded his head in agreement, "last night; with the car – I didn't forget where your turn off is – someone was following me,"

"Ok, darlin' this is the type of thing that you should talk to me about,"

I knew that he was right; I definitely need to open up to him more – the thing is; I have never been in a relationship before, an adult relationship is more accurate. In this moment – I find myself scolding my lack of experience.

What is the right way to act?

What do I tell him? What's the right topics to discuss with him? I feel so completely lost, my stomach is doing a rollercoaster loop in my intestines.

"Is there anything else?"

"When Charlie and I were shopping yesterday – I had a very intense feeling that we were being watched and followed," I admitted to him.

"Baby this is beyond serious!"

"I didn't want to worry you – especially when I am not sure if this is connected – I mean, what if I am wrong? It could be that I was so desperate to get home that I imagined being chased!"