Chapter 20 - Romance.

Chapter 20 – Romance.

Later that Night;

Emily Sanders...

Once Charlie's flight was called for boarding; I began to weave my way through the crowds of people but the hairs on the back of my neck were alert, and goose bumps swept over my flesh. All day; I had, had this intense feeling of being watched. Even now, I feel sick as the feeling heightened – was someone following me?

Instead of looking around, I rummaged inside my bag until my fingers wrapped around my phone at the bottom – quickly dialling Jeffrey's number, I continued to walk towards the exit, but he answered instantly, "hey beautiful – you ok?"

"Hey handsome; I.... I-uh-I am on my way home – is there anything that you need me to pick up?"

I can't tell him; I mean what would I even say? I think someone is following me – why? Well I have a feeling that I am being watched and I feel like I am being followed. What could he do from where he is? Nothing, but worry and most probably for no reason. I just can't let him think that I am some scared little girl who always needs a man at her side. I am far from feeble and I don't want him to think that I am.

"No darlin', I just need you to get home.... I'm cooking,"

"Cooking as in – date night, cooking?"

"One and the same," his response was almost a growl, "just get home as quick as you can, but be safe,"

"I will be there as soon as possible,"

I have to admit that his announcement had set my heart galloping away from me. I was sure that I had somehow swallowed a family of butterflies; because they were fluttering wildly in my stomach and before I even realised it – I was sprinting out into the car park – heading for Jeff's truck that he had told me to use.

"What we having?" I asked, keeping him on the line – at least I felt a little safer with him on the other end of the phone.

"Chicken Lasagne, with home-made garlic bread,"

"Why Mr. Morgan, it sounds like you are trying to get in my pants?" I giggled softly, turning the key in the door to the truck.

"Whatever made you think that?" there was a hint of lust lacing his words, which only succeeded in turning me on so much, that I could feel myself turn wet – fuck I need to get home.... NOW!

From all the times that we had spent together, he had known that I am a lover of almost everything Italian, and he had to know that it would definitely win him bonus points. I just want to be at his place, I want to be in is arms, where I feel safe and, strangely enough, at home.

Sliding my phone into the holder that was clipped on to the dashboard before sliding the key into the steering wheel and igniting the engine to life in a roar that could make you jump if you weren't expecting it.

"You see, I think that you may have overheard a conversation that I had with your daughter..."

"Oh, you mean about any man who cooks you Italian food from scratch having the keys to your panties?"

"That would be the one," I smiled.

"No, I never heard that conversation," he chuckled. It was a sound that had quickly become my very favourite sound in the whole world.

I don't care that we haven't been together long – I love this man. Very much more than I had ever thought that I was capable of. I have never felt anything like this before; I have felt lust before, but this is so much more than that, and if it were any other man; you wouldn't have seen me for dust – but Jeffrey isn't just any man – he is 'the' man.