TWENTYTHREE

"Hey hyung, how is that Jungkook guy doing? Is he still living at your place?" was what managed to pull Yoongi out of the daze he was walking around in. He and Namjoon, the offender of his peace, had just finished their 10 hour saturday shift, and to say Yoongi was relieved would be an understatement. He absolutely despised long shifts, he had been missing Jungkook the whole time, especially after he send the customary "going into little space hyung" text, as in their rules, to let Yoongi know. And Yoongi knew that he could take care of himself in little space, he had done so for years, but he still hated the thought of little Jungkook all alone in their apartment. What if he got hurt? Or scared? Or he lost Ursula again and would start crying? Anyway, after being brought back to the life of living, and shaking the last of his daze of himself, he answered.

"Oh yeah, he is," trailing off at the last part of his sentence. He was really happy with Jungkook there, but the knowledge that it wasn't all that platonic still gnawed on his insides angrily, because he didn't really know what to call them. What they were now. He only knew his own feelings, which left him a little anxious.

"Jungkook's thriving. I think the fact that he doesn't have to worry about rent has helped a lot," he said, leaving out the part of how he also thought it helped that Jungkook could regress into little space now and know he had Yoongi to count on, to take care of him. Unknowingly a fond smile spread over his features.

The purplehaired male, which was only allowed since he wasn't really in contact with the guests but rather were the one handling the economic work of the resturant, smiled at him.

"You are really fond of him, aren't you hyung?" he asked, gently prodding. It was something Namjoon had always been good at, getting Yoongi to talk. He was never rude or blunt about it, but managed to leave the door open just the right amount so that Yoongi would take the bait and talk. It was one of the reasons Yoongi percieved Namjoon as such a close friend.

Rubbing his eyes, he heaved out a sigh.

"Yeah Joon, I really am."

At this Namjoon looked slightly concerned, putting down his bag he was packing, and turning around to face Yoongi completely.

"What's wrong hyung?"

"I just- I really like him. Like, romatically. And a lot. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way, he told me that he has had a crush on me for ages, but I don't know to which extents this crush goes, and I'm not really sure where all this is going? He relies a lot on me so I don't want him to feel that he owes me anything, because I love taking care of him. At the same time it just feels wrong to not put words on it."

Namjoon appeared thoughtful for a second, ruffling his hair into a purple mess.

"So, basically you want to talk to him about what you are. And maybe put a title onto your relationship?"

"Well... yeah. Yeah I'd like that," Yoongi answered, only now realising how much this had actually bothered him. How much he wished to be sure Jungkook felt the same for him, to agree on where all this was going. He felt pretty sure that he could handle being whatever the younger wanted as long as he had Jungkook in his life, but just knowing would be nice.

"And you want you to be what?"

"Boyfriends," he said, answering Namjoon so promptly that he recieved a part amused part surprised chuckle, and he felt his face heat up. He scowled at Namjoon to ease his embarrassment, but it didn't change the fact that he really wanted that. He wanted to have Jungkook snuggle up to him every night, not only when he woke up after an nightmare and asked and he quotes "his yoonie to scware the monsters away becaus' he's so cwool". He wanted to wake up to his tousled bed hair and dazed smile, eyes droopy from sleep and kiss him good morning, morning breath and everything. He wanted to kiss him whenever and wherever he wished to, and he wanted to introduce him to his sister as his boyfriend, as she had been begging him to let him meet his 'special one'. He wanted to be introduced to Jungkook's friends and family as his boyfriend, and he wanted to take him on so many cute dates, and picnics and-

"Hyung please, you literally said that he had told you he have had a crush on you for ages," Namjoon said, exasperated yet fond, breaking his reverie. "He is totally going to say yes if you ask him, don't worry so much."

After patting him on the shoulder with a soft dimpled smile, he continued speaking as he packed up; "I know you are nervous, which is freaking adorable, and that Jungkook dude must be quite someone for making you this flustered, but really, I'm sure he will appreciate it lots. And from what you've told me he won't be the one to ask you. He is probably still questioning if you really like him or not. Especially since he already confessed to the crush. Do both of you a favour and ask him."

Yoongi just stared at Namjoon wide eyed, mouth a bit agape and the dying blush still colouring his cheeks. Namjoon had just about managed to nail their relationships dynamic without being told anything more than bare minimum. 

"I guess you are right" he muttered, brushing his bangs out of his eyes, heart going crazy just at the thought of asking Jungkook. "But I don't know how to ask him though."

Namjoon just shook his head making the purple strands jump. "Don't make such a big deal out of it. Just ask him casually sometime when you are at home, or if you guys are going for a walk or whatever. Don't try to be something you are not, just be you. It's obviously you he likes right? So it probably doesn't make a difference to him. Just don't make it awkward with something big and dramatic. Keep it short and sweet, that's how Jimin asked me out," he said, getting all starryeyed from talking about his beloved boyfriend. Yoongi barely resisted the urge to roll his eyes, but realised that he really needed Namjoons help and decided against it. He had already helped a lot, and had given actual good advice, and Yoongi was genuinly very thankful for that.

"Okay I will, thank you Namjoon," Yoongi said, waving as Namjoon beamed at him from where he was pushing out the door.

"Remember to say hello from me to Jimin."

"Will do hyung," Namjoon called, "and good luck!"

And luck, that he'd need, Yoongi throught drearily.