TWENTYONE

He was so tired. No, rather than tired he was exhausted. It had been the shittiest day he had experienced in months, and all he wanted was to get home to a warm apartment and soft couch where he could watch cartoons and cuddle with Yoongi. 

He had been assigned a new group for a big project at school which was consisting of people he hadn't known at all, but they were already getting on his nerves, one of his professors had given him a bad degree on one of his papers and even though the paper wasn't really one that mattered, it didn't fail to put him in an even worse mood. Or actually it wasn't even that bad, a B wasn't awful, just not what he had hoped for. He was a perfectionist to a fault.

To make everything worse, when he walked home from the bus stop it had started raining. Or, pouring was probably a better word to describe it. So now he was drenched too and he had a massive headache. It had just been a very long day. All he wanted was some peace, quiet and well, Yoongi. Slowly trodding through the rain, he didn't even bother to increase his pace instead just accepted his depressing fate. He heard the drops that was falling from thousands of meters above him race to slam face first into the cold, grey concrete and he seriously considered to join them. The dark grey clouds convulsing violently continued to spout out water, causing him to sigh deeply. The city around him seemed as lifeless as he felt, puddles forming on the asphalt roads, cars racing by spattering dirty, oily water up on the pavement beside him, the colours that normally painted the lively city all seemed dulled. But he mustered every last piece of his will to go on and go home. He could pity himself when he got home in Yoongis arms. So he continued walking what seemed like forever but he knew it was only a ten minute walk. Well fuck logical thinking, at this very moment he had decided that phenomenology was the way to go, and nobody had the right to come here and ruin his misery with their stupid rationalism. Slowly the brunette hauled himself up the stairs after making it inside, and stood before the door for a short while, finding his keys. Opening the door, it took him a few moments to realise he couldn't have anything of what made him muster his last strength and his mood spiralled down into what he swore was the pits of hell. He felt all the last energy and positivity drain out of his body. The apartment was vacant, Yoongi hadn't gotten home from his shift yet even though he was supposed to, he had promised! Promised they would use time together today. And without Yoongi the apartment wasn't warm or homey, just big and distant. He could feel himself slipping, and though he wanted to fight it and just go to sleep instead, when he had made it out of his outdoor clothes all he managed was to whisper a small broken "Yoonie" before breaking into tears.

Yoongi had had such a long day. They had asked him to cover for some stupid newbie who hadn't bothered to call in sick causing them to be shorter of hands than they had been already. So it had been all running around, trying to get everything to work out, and why the heck was there so many people on a god damn wednesday? 

Making it home tiredly in his car, he remembered that he had told the younger that he would get home early today. A pang of guilt made it through his body. He knew the younger would understand, yet it didn't stop him from feeling bad. 

His day hadn't necessarily been bad, just busy in one of those satisfying ways where he was tired all the way to his bones. His manager had been more than pleased with his work  and had even pulled him aside to thank him personally. Yoongi was pretty sure they were considering him to replace their current head waiter who was leaving in a few months, and the possibility excited him. He would like the responsibility and he knew he had the abilities too fill the role rather well. He was already one of the key waiters there, and the other staff usually came to him when in doubt. Oh, and the raise wouldn't hurt either. He would like to be able to spoil a certain brunette even more.