TWENTYFOUR

When Jungkook tiredly entered the kitchen he was met with the sight of the elder sitting at the table tapping away on his computer already. Yoongi looked so good in all his morning glory, tousled  hair, with black strands sticking out everywhere, in one of his oversized white t-shirts that just made the contrast between his pale skin and tattoos even more visible, and Jungkook felt a little faint. Lifting his eyes from the screen as he heard the man walk into the room, Yoongi shot the droopy-eyed brunette a soft smile. Jungkook's heart jumped at the sight, even when he was tired, eyes still droopy from just waking up.

"Morning Kooks, did you sleep well?" he asked in that deep morning voice and the younger just felt so cared about. He hummed affirmingly as he made it through the room to go fetch himself some breakfast, settling with milk and cereal because he really didn't fancy prancing around in the room at such early hours, it was only 9am. With feet dragging over the floor he made it to sit on the opposite side of the table where Yoongi were already seated and looking at him fondly. When he was finally seated with the bowl of cereal in front of him and a spoon laying loosely in his right hand, Yoongi started to speak.

"Hey, there was something I forgot to ask you yesterday by the way.." and while it went completely unnoticed by the younger, who was now focusing strongly on the food in front of him, Yoongi's skin was literally crawing with nerves and his heartrate was spiking. The young man in front of him just tilted his head inquiring, tore his gaze from the breakfast for a short while and send him a look that said 'carry on' before he looked back down.  Yoongi had to remind himself that Jungkook had said that he had developed a crush on him a long time ago, and it would be okay to talk to him about this, to ask him this. The chances he would refuse were low, weren't they? He couldn't chicken out again. Yesterday had been perfect, they had gone for a long walk at the nearby park, but he just couldn't bring himself to ask. To potentially ruin the nice time they were having. He would now though, he would. He couldn't wait any longer. He needed the answer.

"You said you had had a crush on me for a long time right?"

Surprised Jungkook properly looked up and nodded, now with a faint blush crawling into, and covering his cheeks. His spoon hanging in the air, momentarily forgotten, with cereals swimming in a small sea of milk, soaking up in the liquid. When the elder didn't carry on for a short while, he brought the spoon to his mouth.

"So I figured.. We haven't really specified what we are.."

Nodding again, confused now, he brought another spoonful of soaked oats to his mouth as Yoongi took a deep breath before quickly rambling out.

"So I wondered if you'd be my boyfriend?"

The younger choked on his mouthful of food, and went into a coughing fit. Yoongi, who's heart was still stuck in his throat not-so-patiently waited until he couldn't stand just sitting and watching the younger still coughing violently, and went to softly pat his back until he calmed down. 

Jungkook sheepishly looked up at Yoongi who still looked nervous as hell, but also a bit amused at his reaction. 

"Maybe I shouldn't have thrown such a serious question at you so early in the morning," he joked, but  it was clear to anyone with eyes that he was getting more and more unnerved because of the youngers missing answer to his question, and that was what finally shook Jungkook out of his disbelief and he quickly said: "no maybe not.. well yes!" while joy spread in his body along with the realisation that Yoongi, Yoongi, had just asked him to be his boyfriend.

Yoongi just looked even more confused, and honestly Jungkook found it endearing, his blush deepening as he explained himself, sounding all sorts of breathless, "yes I.. I would love to be your boyfriend hyung," he said with a soft and embarrassed smile, but it was obvious how giddy he was. "And I just agreed with you on the morning thing, you know I can be a bit groggy," he said even more flustered, letting his gaze fall to his lap. 

Yoongi released the breath he had been holding, and let his shoulders drop from their tensed position, relief washing through his entire body and mind that had been going haywire all morning since he decided that today would be the day. He could feel a giddy smile taking over his features, all big, bright and gummy, and he was just so happy. Jungkook had said yes, and he wanted to scream it from the rooftops. Scream that he, Min Yoongi, had the most wonderful boyfriend ever, and no one could ever compete. Though Namjoon might disagree. Speaking of Namjoon, he had been right after all, of course he had, and Yoongi needed to remember to thank him properly after this. After all these thoughts had rushed through his head, he looked down on Jungkook who still was twisting his fingers in his lap, embarrassed. 

"I'm glad," he mumbled fondly looking at Jungkook, who looked up at his words, loving smile already covering his features again.

"I'll let you eat your breakfast now," he said, but did still tilt the youngers jaw up, and kissed him softly letting it simmer that they were now boyfriends and he could do this whenever he wanted.

"Hi there boyfriend," Jungkook whispered, as Yoongi's lips were hovering just a few centimetres from his, and he felt so giddy. 

"Hi there boyfriend," Yoongi answered, and breached the distance again, this time not drawing away, Jungkook's breakfast soon long forgotten.