Age Complications (Cillian Murphy)

'Guys, I'd like to introduce the newest member of the Peaky Blinders family, (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)!'

The cast applauded as I introduced myself to them. I still couldn't believe I was actually here! Me. (Y/N). The newest addition to the Peaky Blinders cast. Peaky Blinders is my favourite TV show and now I'm a part of it! Not only was I going to be in the show, I was going to be starring directly opposite my favourite actor of all time, Cillian Murphy. I was playing the role of Charlotte Adams, Tommy Shelby's new love interest for the new season of the show.

As I made my way around the cast, introducing myself personally and getting to know everyone else a bit better, I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned around and my heart stopped when I saw Cillian.

'Hey, I'm Cillian, you're (Y/N)?'

'Uh, hey, yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you, I'm a huge fan!' I cringed as soon as I said this, making myself sound like an overexcited fan. Cillian chuckled and I felt my heart flutter at the fact I had just made him laugh. He looked down at the floor before looking back up and speaking again.

'So it looks like we're going to be spending quite a lot of time together.'

'Yeah, what with our characters being, you know, together,' I nervously laughed when I said this.

'Yeah,' he looked down again, rubbing the back of his neck before he looked at me again, a frown on his face.

'If you don't mind me asking (Y/N), how old are you?'

'Eighteen.'

I saw his eyes widen after I spoke and he looked down again.

'Is that okay?'

'Yeah, of course, we're just acting after all.'

Before I could reply, a voice came over the speakers.

'Can Cillian Murphy and (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N) please come to set.'

'And that, (Y/N), is our cue, shall we?' He held out his arm for me to take. As soon as I linked my arm with his, I felt an electric shock run up my arm as we walked to set.

'There's something about you Charlotte Adams. You make me feel something I haven't felt since Grace passed away.'

'And what's that?'

We stopped talking and stood face to face in the middle of the street. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips.

'CUT!'

Me and Cillian broke the kiss and smiled at each other after filming our first few scenes together.

'Well done!' Paul Anderson came up to me and gave me a hug, 'you're a natural!'

'That she is,' Cillian's thick Irish accent came through the crowd and he hugged me too. When Cillian hugged me, I felt butterflies in my stomach and I never wanted him to let me go. When he pulled away, Cillian spoke.

'Look, before I say anything and before you say anything, I know that there's quite a large age gap between us but I like you, (Y/N). I really like you and when I first saw you I thought that you were so beautiful. I was wondering if you wanted to go out for a drink later?'

'Cillian, I like you too and I would love too!'

'Brilliant!' he smiled, 'I'll pick you up at eight.'

'Sounds like a plan!'

At around eleven that same night, we both stumbled through the door of Cillian's hotel room, our lips locked together.

As soon as the door closed behind us, I broke the kiss and laughed, still not believing that I was kissing Cillian Murphy, as he led us towards the bed.

We both fell onto the bed, our lips connected once more. I could feel Cillian start to grind on me and his hand move towards my breast before he froze and moved off of me to sit on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

'Is everything okay?' I asked as I moved to sit next to him.

'I'm so sorry, (Y/N),' he said, his head still in his hands.

'For what?'

Instead of answering my question, he started muttering to himself.

'You're only eighteen.'

'Is this really what this is about?'

When he didn't answer me, I got up from the bed and knelt down in front of him, putting my hands on his.

'Cillian, look at me.'

He lowered his hands from his face but the look of self-loathing on his face physically pained me.

'What's brought all of this on, you didn't seem that bothered earlier,' I said as I took his hands in mine.

'(Y/N), you're only eighteen! I'm 42! Over double your age!'

'So?'

'So, if word got out to the press that we were involved before we were ready to tell them, they'd twist it so it would seem that I was taking advantage of you.' He stood up quickly and poured himself a drink.

'So, who cares what the press say, we know the truth.'

'It's not just that, (Y/N).'

'Then what is it? Tell me so I can understand.'

'I'm 42, (Y/N). I'm old. What could you possibly see in me?'

I slowly walked up to him and took his face in my hands.

'Cillian Murphy, how could you ask that question? What I see in you is a very attractive man with an extremely beautiful soul. Christ, I've been in love with you ever since I saw you in The Edge of Love-'

'That bloody film,' he laughed, shaking his head.

'Hey! That's my favourite film! I fell in love with William Killick as soon as I saw him!'

'I bet it was the uniform.'

'The uniform and the British accent,' I teased.

We both laughed for a while, still standing before I spoke again.

'Anyway, my point is, I'm not going anywhere Cillian Murphy.'

Instead of replying, he pulled me closer and kissed me gently.

'Now do you understand?'

'(Y/N), I'm not leaving until you want me to. You'll have to physically order me away. Does that answer your question?'

'Well you're going to be here for a long time Cillian Murphy because I'm not planning on losing you at all.'