You're So Different (Tommy Shelby)

Many people say that me and Thomas Shelby are too different to be happy together, but I actually think that it is our differences that make us the perfect couple.

Whilst we both come from gypsy backgrounds, my family are incredibly vibrant people, so much so that we have a party pretty much every week whereas the Shelby's are much more business orientated. In fact, it was these qualities that drew us together. I would always try to get Tommy to join me and dance and in return, he would kiss me and try to use that to his advantage to distract me and bring me home.

One night when we were laying in Tommy's bed, tangled in the sheets, I was in a curious mood.

'Tommy?'

'Yes love,' he said with a cigarette in one hand, his other arm was wrapped around my naked waist, his fingers drawing imperceptible patterns on my skin.

'Why did you fall for me?'

'What the fuck do you mean?'

'Well our families are so different, I mean you never really seem to enjoy yourself at the parties, I just want you to be happy.'

'Love, I love going to those parties because I love seeing you happy and having fun. I fell for you because of how different you are. I needed some light in my life and you appeared when I was in my darkest place and gave me light.'

I smiled at him and buried my head in his neck, breathing in the scent of Tommy Shelby and feeling my cheeks start to burn. I felt Tommy chuckle and press his lips to the top of my head.

'Goodnight my love,' he said as he realised that I had fallen asleep.