I Can't Lose You (Thomas Shelby)

Me and my boyfriend Thomas Shelby were walking down Watery Lane, on the way to the Garrison, hand in hand. Lately Tommy rarely left my side and he always made sure I was within arm's reach, not that I was complaining but he never explained his change of his behaviour.

Once we had gotten our drinks and were sitting in the private room in the Garrison, Tommy pulled me to sit on his hap and started peppering kisses along my neck, making me giggle.

'Tommy stop it,' I said, laughing and trying to pull away. Tommy's lips left my neck but his grip around my waist wouldn't budge so I couldn't get up off of his lap.

'What are you doing?' I asked him, staring into his eyes whilst my fingers were playing with the hair at the back of his head.

'What do you mean love? I'm spending time with my girl,' he said, punctuating the last two words by squeezing on my hips.

I smiled at him and pressed a soft and quick kiss to his lips.

'No Tommy, tell me what's going on.'

Tommy looked at me, ran his hand through my hair and sighed.

'Luca Changretta has been getting closer, getting ready to attack and someone, I don't know who, let slip how much you mean to me so now Luca's made you his target in order to break me.'

It look me a while to process what he said, all the while his eyes never leaving my face, his hand resting against my cheek.

'Say something,' he whispered, using his thumb to trace my cheekbone. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out so I closed it again.

'I – I just thought that I was done with the whole being in danger because of one of your enemies thing you know,' I said, nervously chuckling.

'I know, I'm so sorry,' Tommy said, holding my face in both of his, 'I know I promised you you'd be safe and I know that by keeping you around me probably puts you in more danger but - '

I cut him off by pressing my lips against his and he melted into the kiss immediately, his hands flying back down to my hips as his tongue made its way into mouth. When we broke the kiss, he pressed his forehead against mine as he spoke.

'I can't lose you.'

I smiled sadly and pressed a kiss to my nose.

'You won't.'

He smiled at me, 'I fucking love you.'

'I love you too.'

And that's when the door opened.