Expecting (Cillian Murphy)

I was sat on the sofa, my leg shaking, waiting for Cillian to come home. I had been feeling quite strange recently, but both me and Cillian had both put it down to food poisoning until I realised that it was always in the morning I was ill. I then went to take a pregnancy test and here I am now, waiting for my fiancée to come home.

It wasn't long before I heard the front door open and Cillian's footsteps in the hall as he took his coat off and hung it up.

'The bloody rains awful out there my love.'

I smiled to myself as I listened to him.

'Darling, where are you?'

'In the living room,' I called back.

I listened as his footsteps got closer until he stopped in the doorway.

Oh, what a sight my fiancée was. He was standing in the doorway, hair dripping wet from the rain, his bright blue eyes fixed on me as he smiled at me.

'You know,' he said as he began walking towards me, 'sometimes I really wonder how you managed to convince me to leave Ireland.'

'It's because you really love London,' I teased.

'Hmm, I think it's because I really love you,' he replied, kissing my forehead, 'how are you feeling my love?'

'Better today,' I replied.

'Good,' he said as he made to walk out of the living room.

'Cillian, can I talk to you for a moment?' I asked, grabbing his hand.

Cillian looked at me and he must have seen in my face that what I wanted to say was important because he frowned, took my hand in both of his and sat down next to me.

'Of course you can, love, what's wrong?' he asked as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

'You know how for the past couple of days I haven't been feeling too great and we put it down to food poisoning? It's not food poisoning, Cillian.'

He frowned and gripped my hand tighter, '(Y/N), you're starting to scare me, what's wrong?'

I took a deep breath and just came out with it.

'I'm pregnant. I took a couple of pregnancy tests and they all came out positive.'

Cillian looked at me, tears in his eyes as he placed a hand on my stomach.

'We're having a baby?'

I smiled and placed my hand on top of his.

'We're having a baby.'