Midoria's Heart 20 - Passing Storm

Sorry it took so long guys! But I'm feeling better now, so I managed to actually write a chapter lol. Its kinda short, but I think its cute too =)

Two songs this time, the first (to the first part of the chapter) is "In My Arms" by Plumb - that's the song that the lyrics are to

and the second song is (preferably the Glee version of) "The Only Exception" by Paramore

In other news, PEOPLE!!!! I made a facebook group!!!!!!! xD

Please join it!! Either use the external link to the right hand side, or search Midoria's Heart, and it should come up, with the cover as the profile picture.

Seriously guys, I made this for you, there are already pictures and stuff up, so please do join, it would mean so much to me!

Anyway... enjoy!! =D

___________________________________

Chapter 20 - Passing Storm

"Princess!"

The call echoed across the meadow, as the sky lit up with the jagged-bright light of lightning, but the sound of it was quickly swallowed up by the crash of thunder that followed. Harsh rain poured from the Heavens, and the howling wind was mixed with the sound of the waves crashing against the rocky shore of the lake. Under the tree a small figure huddled. Her hair was blowing violently in the gale, her eyes were squeezed shut and her little hands were pressed over her ears, as though to block out the sound of the raging storm.

"Princess!" The boy called again, for this time he had seen her. Though she did not move to acknowledge his presence, he ran towards her. "Addie, come on!" he panted, dropping to the ground beside her and pulling at her arms. She opened tear-streaked eyes to look at him mournfully, but just then another flash of lightning sent her diving towards him with a squeak, taking shelter in his arms. He couldn't help but laugh at her, the little girl was often so high-strung. At his laughter she opened her eyes, only a sliver, to glare at him, but closed them just as quickly as the thunder boomed across the meadow.

"I didn't know that you are afraid of storms, Addie." he said, hoping to distract her, but she only nodded into his chest and continued to shudder into his arms. "I used to be scared too, you know," he went on. At this she raised her head slightly.

"You?" she questioned disbelievingly. He smiled and nodded.

"Yep, me."

"But... but you're so brave!" she protested. He smiled at that.

"Nonetheless, they terrified me when I was about your age. But one day, my mother helped me to get rid of my fear."

"How?"

"She took me outside during a storm not unlike this one. We huddled together under a tree, and she sang me a song that made me feel better. Do you want me to help you?" He asked her, and she replied by nodding vigorously against him. He shifted his position slightly, so that he was sitting on the damp grass, with her in his lap. He drew his arms tighter around her, and closed his eyes, trying to remember the words his mother had sang to him those years ago.

"Clouds will rage in

Storms will race in

But you will be safe in my arms

Rains will pour down

Waves will crash all around

But you will be safe in my arms

Castles they might crumble

Dreams may not come true

Cause you are never all alone

Cause I will always

Always love you"

She relaxed, as he sang. Eventually she even opened her eyes and looked up at the sky. They sat like that together for the rest of the night, watching the storm pass by. "Sometimes scary things can be overwhelming. But if you are with people you love, and you remember that everything passes eventually, it's a little easier to get through it, isn't it?" He asked her. She looked at him with her bright eyes and nodded softly, before turning her head again to look at the moon glowing high up in the newly-calmed night sky. The world was at peace again.

~♥~

The moon shone high above in the sky, a beautiful reminder of the gift Daniel had given me all those years ago. A feeling of perfect tranquility settled around me, and I lowered my gaze to Daniel's body lying beside me. His eyes were closed and bathed in the moonlight, he could almost have been sleeping. As I watched him, I knew without a doubt tat I could not live my life without him in it.

A surge of power rose from within me, but unlike the wild, uncontrolled, raw power from before, this was purposeful, and incredibly strong. Instead of pain and heartbreak, I felt only love. This was a power with a purpose, and one that I suddenly found I knew how to use. It was really simple, actually; I couldn't believe I hadn't known it before.

Bending gently over his still form, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his. The warmth and the love that I was feeling rushed out of me, flowing into him. I felt his lips slowly get warmer beneath me as the life came back into him and suddenly he moved, his arms coming up and embracing me gently. He pulled me closer to him and I felt tears begin to run down my face, but I didn't care. I was beginning to feel cold and weak, maybe with relief, maybe because I was giving Daniel too much of my power, but I didn't care about that either. All that I cared about was that he was alive, and breathing, and holding me against him and everything was right in the world again.

When I started feeling really dizzy, I pulled back and he kissed the top of my head. The world was spinning around me, and I couldn't focus on anything for more than a second. My eyes landed on Jay for just a moment, and I saw him staring at me with a look of hurt and aching sadness, and maybe something else... something... darker? I couldn't focus for long enough.

"Adelle? Addie, are you okay?" Daniel's concerned voice reached my ears, and I turned my head to look at him. My spinning gaze focused on his eyes for a moment, and the last thing my mind registered before I passed out again was shock: one was his usual grey-tinged green, but the other one was a startling shade of turquoise.

~♥~

_____________________________________

Wow, that really was a short one... sorry about that. But there should be another one coming your way pretty soon too!

So, he's alive. Did you really think that I would kill him off? I'm not that mean, am I??

Anyway, if you liked this chapter, comment, vote, become a fan and JOIN THE FACEBOOK PAGE!!! PLEASE!!