Midoria's Heart 21 - The Prophecy

Happy thanksgiving guys! Here's my present to you, another chapter!!  

This one is longer than the last one too! =D

Enjoy!!

ps - the music isn't timed, but it kinda sums up the entire chapter =)

________________________________

Chapter 21 - The Prophecy

"It's not normal! I mean come on; you have to admit that even you have never seen anything like that before!"

"Of course I have! What do you think the royal healers do?"

"Daniel, not to that extent. You were... well, you were almost... dead. And she completely brought you back! D, you should see your eyes."

"What do you mean? What about my eyes?"

"Uh, we mean the fact that one has suddenly turned a strangely familiar shade of turquoise. Now try to tell me that what Addie just did was normal!"

In the silence left after this final comment, I managed to finally open my eyes. With a low moan I sat up, and found four pairs of concerned eyes looking in my direction. Evreth cocked her head slightly and circled around me protectively, as though checking to make sure I was alright. Apparently satisfied, she lay down next to me, and I turned my attention to Daniel. I hadn't had the chance to look in a mirror for about a week now, but I knew the colour of my own eyes. And Jay was right; Daniel's left eye now mirrored that colour exactly. It was a strange effect, having two different coloured eyes. It made his gaze uneven and rakish; even more intense than it used to be, as though he was looking directly into your soul.

"Adelle, are you alright?" Lisimi's voice distracted me, allowing me to break my gaze away from Daniel's eyes. "I think so," I answered. They all looked relieved at that.

"We were really worried," Jay said.

"I know. I heard you talking... But I don't understand what happened any better than you do, if that's what you're about to ask." I added, seeing Lis open her mouth. She closed it again and blushed slightly.

"Great power runs through your veins, Adelle. As it does through your grandmother's... as it did through your mother's. This is your inheritance, and the reason your family has held the throne through all of these years. Nobody knows where this power comes from, except that Midoria had it also. But she had great power even before she received the Heart," Evreth told us seriously. She paused for a moment. "The Gods work in mysterious ways, but they almost always have a reason and a plan for doing things the way they do," she added.

"Well, I don't care where the power came from. It helped me save Daniel, and that is all that matters right now." I said, beaming up at him. He grinned back at me, his mismatched eyes sparkling in the morning sun. Wait, morning? Last I checked it had been the middle of the night!

"How long was I out?" I asked worriedly.

"Just about all night. I don't know exactly how you saved D, but whatever you did, it sure took a lot out of you. We were really worried about you," Lisimi told me earnestly. A strange emotion ran through me to hear her call Daniel "D;" not quite jealousy, but definitely something. I pushed it away, turning to look around the clearing we were in. It was mostly packed up; I guessed that they had been waiting for me to wake up before continuing on.

"We should get going. We've already lost too many days of travel; it won't be long before we're attacked again." I said. Jay smirked slightly and nodded, saying "Well, if somebody would stop fainting on us..." He let the end of that sentence dangle teasingly, and I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm lightly.