REIKA-SAMA - 009

We finished the one dance we agreed on, and as I was thinking about how fun that had been, my gaze clicked in place with someone else’s.
And in that instant, I turned to stone.

I tripped on my own legs because of the shock and almost fell, and then Oniisama immediately caught me, but more importantly,

WHY IS KABURAGI MASAYA HERE――――!!

Even though they weren’t supposed to be in Japan for the entire holiday, standing right here were Kaburagi Masaya and Enjou Shuusuke──.

How long have they been there? How much did they see?
Weren’t you two supposed to be in the Mediterranean?
It’s because I thought you weren’t in Japan! It’s because I was relieved that you wouldn’t be here that I casually did something eyecatching as being the only little kid dancing here!
If I knew you guys were gunna come I definitely wouldn’t have stood out so much!

“Reika?”

Calm yourself. Calm yourself.
For now let’s leave aside the reason why they’re here even though they’re not supposed to be, and figure out how to naturally leave the area.
First I’ll remove my gaze from those cursed eyes, and undo the Petrification spell.
Naturally, naturally…
GYAH-! Even though I was supposed to move just my eyes, my neck turned by itself―!
Doesn’t this look like I turned my head in scorn now? Will he think I’m picking a fight with him!?
Can’t be helped. What’s already been done can’t be helped. I’ll just naturally leave the area.
GYAH-! My knees won’t bend! I’m walking like a soldier now―!
Maybe those cursed eyes attacked my brain because I can’t stop all these involuntary movements.
Aahh, what do I dooo?

“Reika, are you listening? Reika―”

Anyway, I need to slip into the crowd and disappear, or else. I’ll make a beeline for the drink corner since it has the most people.

[Monotone:] I am not particularly paying any special attention to you, all right? My throat has simply become parched from the dancing, and I have begun to desire a drink.
[Monotone:] Indeed. That is simply it.
[Monotone:] You, over there. May I have some juice?

“Reika!”

Somebody struck me on the back and dispelled the Confusion spell.
Aahh, I went completely weird just now.
Thanks for returning my sanity, Oniisama.
Casting both Confusion and Petrification at once. As expected of a last boss.

“What’s wrong? You’ve been a little strange.”

Mn, I’m more aware of that than anyone.

“Oniisama, I am going to make a small trip to the restroom.”

I want to be alone for a little to reset myself.
I want to hole up in the toilet and calm myself down.
All the reflecting I need to do comes after that.

“Are you okay? Are you not feeling well? Should I have somebody go with you?”

“No, I am fine.”

“Hmm, but…”

Perhaps I was being pretty suspicious because Oniisama seemed to be worried.
I’m sorry for worrying you, Oniisama.

“Sup, Takateru.”

“Imari.”

With good timing, somebody who seemed to be his friend called out him, so I’ll leave while I can.