REIKA-SAMA - 131

It took no time at all after that for Mao-chan and Yuuri-kun to make up. By now they were back to their lovey-dovey selves. How envious. I hope she spends her whole life away from the Forever Alone Village.

Thanks to us sharing both a mutual enemy and a mutual problem, the bonds between Mao-chan and I rapidly deepened.

Mao-chan told me, “I’m not going eating with Haruto-niisama anymore!” which was a sentiment that I shared. It wouldn’t be nice to Erika-san after all.

“Besides,” she said, “If Haruto-niisama likes trying restaurants so much then he has Erika-san. She’s his girlfriend after all, so she should go. And then, all we have to do is wait for her to get fat… Ku ku ku ku ku!”

Nooooo! Stop ittt! Stop using your adorable face to laugh like a villaaain! Go back to being the innocent Mao-chaaan!

But right after that her expression turned a little anxious.

“Even if I don’t have Haruto-niisama, you’ll still go out with me, right, Reika-oneesama?”

It was so cute that I hugged her just on instinct. What a cute little sister I have!

Unable to bear her cuteness, I invited her to come over and play during the summer. We were going to have a lot of fun, the two of us. Oh, and Yuuri-kun too, of course.

As for Ichinokura-san, apparently he had received quite a shock from being suddenly hated by his beloved niece. I got a panicked phone call from him.

“Mao-chan is angry at me, and says she won’t come eat with me anymore…”

“Oh my.”

“What should I do, Reika-san? Can’t you talk to her somehow?”

“I apologise, Ichinokura-sama, but Mao-chan is more important to me than you are, so I am on her side in this.”

“Reika-san…”

“You need not worry. Once she calms down a little I am sure she will forgive you. Mao-chan loves you very much, Ichinokura-sama.”

“I hope so… The other day when I met her, she told me that since I was her mother’s brother she would call me Ojisan from now on. It was quite a shock…”

I could hear the emotional damage even over the phone. It must have been rough for a man of only 26 to be called an ojisan. But the punishment for hurting a maiden’s feelings was severe. Ukekekeke!

*

*

Today, Mao-chan told me she wanted to try visiting the salon of the Pivoine proper, so I brought her and Yuuri-kun with me. On the way though, she started to get cold feet.

“Maybe I shouldn’t after all… I wouldn’t want to bother anyone.”

“No need to worry,” I reassured her, “We are all members of the Pivoine, after all. And did you not visit once before?”

“I guess…”

I remembered her coming all the way to the salon to invite me to her birthday party. Nobody had any problems back then either, so there was no need to worry at all.