REIKA-SAMA - 069

It’s time for the class trip again, or the ‘learning excursion’ as it’s officially called.
The middle school trip goes to Los Angeles in America. I tried my very best to cut down on the luggage, but I ended up needing both a suitcase and a carry on bag.
But I had to pack enough blouses for a few days, as well as spare uniform jackets and skirts. I needed clothes other than my school uniform too, and I’m bringing a few shoes too, so in the end my suitcase was full in an instant.
Then again, vacations with your family would have even more luggage, so I think I did pretty well this time.
I sure am looking forward to it~

*妹*

The trip is technically for ‘learning’, but we’re just sightseeing and aren’t learning a thing.
For example we went to visit places like the Chinese Theatre and Beverly Hills, and then did some shopping at Rodeo Drive.
There, we went to that famous jeweller known for its blue box, and my close friends and I bought matching necklaces to commemorate the occasion.
We discussed the motifs like the heart, keys, leaves etc. and in the end we chose a cross.
Everyone put theirs on right after purchase. The blouse of my uniform covered it up, but it was new and matching, so just wearing it lifted my spirits. It’s so friend-like to have matching stuff! I kind of want to shop even more now.
Everything was listed in dollars, and since I’m paying for things by card, my money sense was a bit messed up. Before I knew it, my two hands were filled with spoils of war. It’s scary how I bought all this stuff I don’t even need. I’m not going to look at any windows anymore.

*妹*

The hotel we’re staying at is a first class hotel fit for Zui’ran. Dinner was mostly hearty meat dishes. As expected of America. There was a lot.
I felt bad leaving stuff on the plate, so I decided to clean up every meal. It was delicious, so it was no problem.
Or so I thought, but it didn’t take long for my stomach to feel weird. I guess eating so much meat every day might be a bit much for me. And it wasn’t just dinner, it was lunch too. Does this country have nothing but meat!
Anyway, there was just a lot of it, so I desperately needed bread to go with it. Actually, just the bread enough would have been fine. I love carbohydrates, so eating meat, meat, meat is really tough on me. I want to eat tofu. My stomach feels oddly heavy…
Serika-chan, who was staying in the same room as me, said,

“It’s a bit hard eating all this before bed, isn’t it.”

But Serika-chan, you left some meat on your plate, didn’t you?
I get the feeling that everyone’s faces have gotten rounder during this trip…
I brought some snacks as emergency rations in case I didn’t like the food here, but my stomach feels so bad I don’t even want to touch them.
At night I did some exercises with Serika-chan, said to help with digestion, but it didn’t feel like it worked at all.

*妹*

*妹*

After that we went on a field trip to a protestant school.
It’s not even a sister school, so why are we here? I thought, but just going around eating, buying, and playing at amusement parks wouldn’t constitute much learning, so I guess they added this to the itinerary for show.
In front of real Christians, I suddenly felt guilty about the cross I was wearing under my uniform. I noticed the other girls were looking around at each other’s blouses too.

“Perhaps we really should have gone with flowers or a heart.”

“Yes…”

But it was a lovely school with a nice sense of freedom. When I saw all these American schoolgirls lying about on the wide garden, I was like It’s just like a foreign drama! and got all excited. It kind of made me want to study abroad.