REIKA-SAMA - 052

In the end I never did make a friend.
I followed Aoi-chan’s advice and each day I could greet kids sitting near me with a smiling “Gokigen’yoh,” but on the first day a few of them acted strangely. I continued doing that each day, and eventually they became able to greet me back normally.
But it never developed further. I decided to think of it as lucky just that they weren’t afraid of me anymore.

*imouto*

*imouto*

After that, school began again. When I met my group again for the first time in a while, they said,

“My, Reika-sama. Have you slimmed down?”

You guys… You really did notice that I was getting fat, didn’t you.
I won’t forgive you if you were secretly calling me drill-hair tanuki, okay?
Once they found out that I had been going to remedials, for some reason they said

“As expected of Reika-sama. Truly devoted in your studies.”

and interpreted things conveniently for me. I decided not to correct them.

*imouto*

*imouto*

The first order of business after school began again was working out the participation lists for the athletics carnival.
Now that we’re middle schoolers, we have a student council, meaning that we now had representatives from the clubs, as well as an athletics committee to do the work, instead of an executive committee like in primary.
Although, class representatives had to do various jobs together with the athletics committee instead.
I was enthusiastic about it.
I finally had a point of contact with the student council!
If it’s for Senpai’s sake, then I’ll move my hands and feet as much as he needs!
I immediately headed to the Student Council room to help organise!

There are more relays in middle school. I hate running, so I’m trying to avoid them as best I can.
Aside from the great skipping rope and ball toss events, I was invited by my friends to join the three-legged race.

The most troubling event was the boys’ cavalry battle. We had a hard time deciding on the candidates. And of course. Because that guy is going to appear in it for sure.
From the boys who had competed with him in it before, I once heard that he was apparently terrifying in his pursuit, and completely different to any other contender.
I bet that Emperor is busy deciding on his horse right now. Apparently if you’re chosen as the horse, you’ll be forced into secret after school training. That way even his horse stands above the rest.
Considering that, yeah, I doubt anybody would want to join. I’m glad I’m not a boy.
In the end, we decided to send some Externals who didn’t know the story, and some unlucky boys who lost in rock-paper-scissors. Try your best, guys.

Anyway, now that we managed to somehow get the participation sorted out, I was on my way to the meeting for the athletics carnival, organised by the Student Council. Come on, Class Rep, let’s go. Don’t dawdle like that.
Because Miharu-chan is going to the meeting as well, Class Rep was standing there, using the reflection in the window to do his hair. He’s a total maiden.

*imouto*

When we got there, everybody else had already arrived. And naturally, sitting in the middle was President Romeo-senpai.
Aahh, it’s been so long since I’ve seen him up close!
Perhaps he went to the beach during the break because he had this tan that gave him even more of a wild look.
The corners of my mouth started to rise naturally, so I grit my teeth to stop it. I don’t want him to think of me as some weirdo girl who smiles to herself all of a sudden. But my muscles just keep moving on their own!
Our gazes met! He looked at me weirdly! Do I really look strange after all!?