The Makeover

"They're doing what to you?!" Taehyung yelled into the phone making everyone flinch.

I was definitely right to use the speaker.

"They're transforming me into a model!" I exclaimed and he gasped.

"Is this some weird prank? Are you going to turn back to your normal self when the clock strikes twelve like a Mr. Cinderella?" Taehyung remarked jokingly.

"Yeah, pretty much." I nod even though he can't see me.

"Now that ain't right! You always refuse to go shopping and shit with me! What's next, you're getting your eyebrows done too?"

"Done." I snickered as I imagined his pouty puppy look.

"Oh hell no! Nara! Naraaaaa! AYO NARA!" Taehyung went nuts on the other line and Nara pulled her dum dum lolli away from her lips.

"Boy, what the hell you want?!"

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Get him to listen!"

"I dunno. Maybe it's because I don't steal his pizza and kick him out." She said nonchalantly while Dahyun applied the black dye in her hair, making both Taehyung and I cackle.

"Yeah, that's true." Tae agreed to that and I glanced up at the mirror, making eye contact with one of Dahyun's helpers named Minji. She was very pretty and seemed kind even though she was quiet. Total opposite of Daehyun, the chatter box.

"Your hair is extremely healthy. Do you condition and moisturize?" Minji queried curiously from behind me.

"Always." I smiled proudly and she looked to Hoseok and said,

"It's a go from me bro."

"Hey Jimin?" I raised my eyebrows to telling him that I was listening as played with the rings on my fingers due to nerves from all of the attention.

"How do you feel about going completely blonde? Like platinum blonde?" Hoseok asked while pinching the skin on his neck lightly. He seemed to be a tad apprehensive to ask me as bleaching was quite a decision to made in a matter of seconds.

Like, you could go bald bro.

I looked over to Nara who was already staring at me as if she were wondering what my choice was going to be.

I rubbed my nose a few times, imagining myself walking out in the streets resembling a boiled egg more than what I already did. I shuddered, but then thought to Tae who always wore his hair different colors every now and then, and he wasn't bald yet.

Key word yet.

That's why I quit dyeing my precious locks so frequently.

"DO IT! JUST DO IT!" He barked from my phone, scaring the life out of me and I dropped it as if it were a hot potato.

"Shut your face Taehyung! Uh, what are my other options?"

"We can just trim it up to reveal your eyes and leave it as is." Daehyun explained while trashing all of the dye bottles.

"If you don't mind, I'll go with the latter option." I said sheepishly and felt bad.

"Of course! No pressure bro!" Hoseok smiled like the sun and a weight was lifted from my shoulders, but something inside me felt that wasn't enough.

..🌹..

After finishing up our little makeover, I was finally free to move my buns around however I may please. And as I stretched around, my eyes would occasionally drift to take in my plain hair.