Chapter 2: the Aftermath

On the way to the Holt's, it was decided to change direction and head to Allura's house, mostly because she is rich and lives in a gated community. No one wants to risk a run in with Lotor again so quickly and since he knows where Katie lives they switch plans. Everyone piles out of the two cars and Keith on his bike and walks into Allura's house. Let's not lie, it's literally a mansion. Her Uncle Coran comes down and inquires why she is home so early. Allura replies, "There was a slight change in plans, is it ok if we all hang out here for the night?"

Coran, says "Of course, we have snacks and everything but please ensure that all of the proper parentals are ok with a ** whisper ** a co-ed night." Allura turns pink but says "Uncle Coran! Nothing is going to happen!!" Coran replies, "and that's what she said"

Laughter erupts, and starts to dispel the tension that had overtaken the group. Everyone agrees to call home and get permission, while Coran starts to get snacks put together. Hunk ends up following and offering his services. He love to feed his friends and right now he is super worried about Pidge.

Matt and Pidge go off and she tells him about her evening. Matt is not happy and makes Pidge promise not to get back with Lotor. Matt explains that Lotor has always raised a flag for him but he thought it might just be because his baby sister was dating and he didn't want to get overly overprotective. Pidge hugs Matt crying, his arms securely wrap around her and asks her "What?"

"Is it me Matt? I know I'm not a girly girl. I'm crabby and selfish! What am I going to do? I don't want to be alone, but let's face it Matt, I'm not exactly prepared to change! Lotor is a CATCH, everyone says so!!"

Matt interrupts her. "NO, he cheated for God's sake! That is not on you! Pidgey, no one is perfect!! And of course you aren't. But sweetie, you are not the problem. I swear, you know, that I would be honest with you! Let's go and hang with our friends, relax and get some perspective." With Matt stating straight into her eyes, she couldn't help but believe in him. He seriously is the BEST brother a girl could have!

Downstairs, Shiro grabbed his brother and dragged him into a spare room. He turns and says "What happened??"

Keith replied, " Shit Shiro, I dunno. I was supposed to study for a test, but it got pushed back and I was tired. But, I figured I would surprise Acxa and meet her up, she had been bugging me about never having time for her, so I thought ok, I could do the bar scene for her, right? So I get there and walk into the bar, and I grab a beer. Then I look at the dance floor, and see them all over each other. Just by their body language you could tell that this was not their first night together. I walked out of the bar and seriously was just going to my bike. Then I see a car with a license plate saying, "Lotor #1". I'm sorry, I just lost it. I grabbed, a rock?crow bar?, and started to whale on the car." At this point he looks down and thinks how he could have gotten arrested which would really just prove everyone right not to mention put his scholarship at risk. He looks at Shiro, head down, "I'm sorry Shiro, I stopped thinking, I"

Shiro states, "No, stop. You are human Keith, I get it, you reacted. I get it, seriously. But, what was the whole thing with you and Katie?"

Keith started to turn red, stalling says, "Ummmmm nothing?"

Shiro laughs, "No."

Keith sighs, "I don't know. I was acting stupid and destroying the car, suddenly this...girl...is there and looking at me, I say...something and she says Lotor is her bf and I look at her and think, how did he even get her? I mean, she's cute but so opposite of Acxa. And then she just adjusts and moves forward to ask me to get in the trunk to get her stuff. And I think, she's cute, how could I even realize this? I mean I literally just saw my girlfriend with another guy and here I am no better. Anyways, I help her, and she helps me. I don't know Shiro, she seems... special, different? I don't even know if I am making sense anymore." He shakes his head and looks perplexed.

Shiro takes this all in, nods and smiles, "okay"

Keith quirks and eyebrow up and says "okay? That's all you got for me?" Shiro chuckles and says, "You are going to have to figure this one out on your own. Just no rebounds ok, Katie is Matt's little sister and I really like her (Keith suddenly stands and says "What?") NONONO, not like that like, she's the little sister I never had!" Keith's heart rate slows down  and he's somewhat embarrassed by his actions. "Yeah, I get it Shiro."

Allura, calling for everyone, "I have food and Netflix up, let's all sit!"

Keith walks in the room, feeling self-conscious. He looks around and sees Katie. She looks like she's been crying and it actually hurts him. She's talking to Lance and Hunk and he feels...annoyed at the arm Lance has slung around her shoulders, frowning he looks around for a seat. Jeesh, what is going on with him today. He is more tired than he thought, that's it.

Allura looks to Katie and says, "Your pick Pidge, what would you like to watch." Everyone starts groaning, Lance jumps in "Awww c'mon Allura you know what she likes!" Allura gives him a hard glare, and turns to Pidge, "As I was saying, what's your pick?"

Keith looks at Pidge intrigued, what movie is her kind of movie? "Ok guys, I'll give you a choice-we can watch a classic cryptid move like Lake Placid or we can go back to our Marvel movie marathon? What did we leave off with? Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1?"

Keith meets her eyes and smiles , did he seriously just meet a girl who loved cryptids, superheroes and space? Where has she been all his life? He shakes his head and takes a breath.

Shiro looked at Keith, then raised an eyebrow to Matt. Matt just sighed and shook his head. All this drama could have been avoided if Pidge and Keith just met a year ago like they planned. Oh well, time to be an active observer!

Shay shyly asks, "What is Lake Placid about?" All eyes are suddenly on her and she feels slightly embarrassed by her lack of movie knowledge.

Instead Pidge smirks and says, "Obviously we need to watch Lake Placid guys!"

Allura smiles and Pidge and says "of course, everyone find a seat and let's get this party popping."

Everyone laughs, and starts grabbing snacks and finding seats. Since this isn't the first movie night at Allura's, everyone starts to go to their usual seats. Shiro and Matt are interested in seeing where they sit because while Keith and Pidge have both been at movie nights here, neither at the same time. And of course, they both usually sit on the seat near the fireplace on the oversized round cuddle chair, Pidge because she is always cold and likes to be near the fire and Keith because he a pyro and loves to keep the fire going all night.

So everyone is grabbing snacks and finding seats, when Keith goes to sit and finds Pidge in 'his' seat. She looks up blushing, "S-s-sorry, do you usually sit here?" Keith again thinks how cute she is, her eyes are truly gorgeous, not brown, not green just an interesting mix. He shakes his head, "No it's fine, really not a big deal. I'll just sit on the floor it's cool."

"Are you sure, I could sit over on the couch" waving to the big sectional couch in the middle of the room. He looks over, Hunk and his girl are on the one side all snuggled up, with Lance on the other end, legs on the L part of the sectional. He looks up with a grin and says, "Sure thing Pidgeon, come on over by your best guy! I can keep you warm!"

Keith looks over and quickly replies, "Nope, you're all good. Seriously, let's just get the movie going." He plops on the floor in front of Pidge and leans back against her chair. Matt and Shiro are sprawled on some big bean bags chairs that seriously are huge and Allura ends up sitting next to Lance her feet on the bean bag Matt is sitting on. Matt jokes, about the smell of her feet, which makes everyone laugh and Allura actually kicks at his head which Matt overplays and falls on the ground spilling his milk duds.

The lights are dim and the sound system is loud. Soon enough everyone is immersed in the movie about a giant crocodile and missing people. Keith finds himself relaxing and thinking this is much better than a night in a loud and smokey bar. He feels something and looks up into Katie's eyes peering into his, they both freeze for just a minute. Then she shakes her head and offers him some popcorn from her bowl. He smiles softly, and grabs a handful.