The Aftermath

Time skip*********************

It's been a week since Keith and Acxa broke up. She'd been calling and texting so much that Keith finally changed his number. Shiro said he should be more patient after all he had dated her for 6 months but honestly he had no patience for cheating. If she didn't want to be with him anymore she could have just broken up with him. So he focused on school at Galra University and stayed home. Which honestly, suited him perfectly. He went to class, came back to the dorm, did his homework and relaxed. He found a few new blogs on a cryptid called the Altamaha-ha. It's supposed to be a 20- to 30-foot long river monster with large flippers and a seal-like snout that is said to inhabit the mouth of the Altamaha River. According to these reports, there have been new sightings at different rivers. Some of it sounded fake but some seemed like real leads. He even started up a conversation with another user about the feasibility of the beast existing.

Suddenly Shiro bursts into his room. "Keith! Have you even bathed today?! Get up and get showered! We have plans."

Keith rolled face down on his bed, "ugh, no I'm good."

Shiro plopped on the bed next to him, "Alright, I understand, you stay here and I'll go to dinner at the Holt's by myself. I just thought you'd like to get a home cooked meal."

Keith's head popped up, "The Holt's?"

"Yup! Matt called earlier and invited us over for dinner. But no worries, I'll just let him know it will just be me coming over."

"NO! Um, no, I'm going to shower and change right now. I'll be ready in 10!" He got up, grabbed some clean clothes and ran out to get ready.

Exactly 9 minutes later, Keith announced he was ready. Shiro smirked and said, "Then let's go. I'll drive."

At the door to the Holt's residence, Keith found himself strangely excited and nervous. He couldn't remember the last time he felt like this. He found himself shifting from foot to foot but then he noticed Shiro smirking at him so he forced himself to stand still. Matt suddenly threw open the door, "C'mon in! Dinner is running late so let's go upstairs. I got a new flying simulation game and it's great! They even have a two player race but between you and me, don't play against Pidge. She's a beast at it and she brags a lot! It's really annoying. <frowning face>"

Shiro laughs, "Well, Matt, that's only if she beats me, which let's be honest, that's not going to happen."

Matt returned, "oh, how the pride goeth before the fall"

Laughter ensued and Keith just followed awkwardly. They turn into Matt's room and it's actually bigger than his dorm room. There's a tv, console, bed, futon and an attached bath. They all sit on the futon in front of the tv. Keith is trying to look around to see if he can see Katie. Since Shiro and Matt are playing each other, he gets up and walks around the room. There's trophies, pictures and tons of toys. He stops in front of a picture of Matt and Katie, it looks like they are about 10 years younger. Katie's hair is long and pulled in pigtails and she is even missing a tooth. She looks adorable.

Suddenly someone walks through the bathroom, Katie sees Shiro and Matt playing without her and she shouts, "Ohhhh, who's scared of playing with me!! I caught you!" Then she runs and jumps over the futon so she plops in between the guys, playfully nudging them and leaning on Shiro. Keith smiles and laughs, suddenly she turns and sees Keith standing off to the corner. Pink cheeked she says, "Oh hey, Keith! How are things going?"

He gives an awkward wave and says good. Suddenly Shiro has his arm wrapped around Pidge and he tackles her to the ground. Keith takes an instinctive step forward only to stop when he realizes Shiro is tickling her. He finds himself strangely annoyed and one could even say...mad. Shiro basically has Pidge under him holding her arms while he straddles her tickling her side with a hand. He's saying how it's punishment for making him lose but all Keith can see is this closeness that makes him want to push Shiro off and take his place. He shakes his head but instinctively moves closer.

Pidge is laughing her head off and saying how he deserves it. Matt is now playing a solo game ignoring them all. Finally, Shiro stops and grins at Pidge saying, "Let this be a lesson to you." He finally gets off her and yanks her up by her arm. At this point, Keith has moved back to the futon and took Shiro's place on the end. Pidge looks around and sits is the middle.  Shiro arches a brow and states, "really Keith?"

Pidge laughs maniacally and replies, "Looks like someone is sitting on the floor!"

Shiro laughs and sits on Matt's lap!!

Matt yelps and says, "oh, someone's gained some weight!"

Laughter ensures. Suddenly, Katie hears her mom yelling, "Dinner is ready. Come on down."

Katie stands and turns to the futon, "Well boys looks like you are saved by the bell! I guess I'll have to kick your butts after dinner!"

Keith stands, replying, "Well, you've never faced me so I think you may have a beat down coming!"

Katie arches her brow, "Wanna bet, boyo?!?"

As the troop out of Matt's room, Keith sidles up to Katie and asks quiet "Hey, how have things been? Getting a lot of phone calls?"

Katie looks at him and replies, "Naw, I blocked his calls and may have sent him a virus that took down his email and phone. Did you need help? I also have a program that can send a certain number's calls straight to an assigned locker or number. Haven't used that one yet!"

Keith smirked and said "No, I stupidly just changed my phone number. Not that many people actually had it so no harm."

"Ahhh, well, let me know if you'd like me to do something special for ya!"

Pidge feels so weird she silently wonders if she's still sick. Her heart seems to be racing and she feels super hot. It's weird, Lotor is super cute and suave. He knew all the right things to say and always made her feel gauche. Strangely, while Keith is super hot (let's be honest) but she feels so intrigued by him and while she doesn't know him that well still feel comfortable. She turns to see Matt and Shiro whispering and feels a little nervous but whatever. And if the boys think she's not aware of their massive crushes they are truly fools!