Ch 11-Realization

Keith POV

I don't know what I'm doing at this point. As usual, I'm just being impulsive and doing whatever feels right. One minute, I'm waiting outside the bathrooms for Pidge, scrolling through my phone...then the next I'm grabbing her and pulling her close. I know that girl was flirting with me but damned if I cared.

More importantly, I don't want her to think I'm interested in anyone else.  All I was thinking about is how to get her on an one to one date. I wonder if I could kiss her??? Her arms are holding me close so maybe she'd be open to it. Fuck it, I'm going for it. It's not like I got a lot to lose at this point and what I could gain is sooooo much more. I lean back a little and with my hand I brush her hair behind her ear, leaving my hand cradling her face. Her skin is so soft. I'm stroking her with my thumb and oddly I feel like I could do this for hours. Then I look in her eyes and I swear she's got the most amazing eyes. I freeze, for a minute, just getting lost in them.

She arches her eyebrow, "Sooo, isn't this the part where you kiss me?"

Damn, I can feel my face getting red. She's what my mom would call a corker. It's out of some movie that she likes but she uses it when she finds something astonishing or out of the ordinary. I always laughed when she used it because it sounded funny. But as I look down at this small but amazing girl I can't help but think that I now know what she means! I smirk and say, "Well, since you asked nicely..."

I lean down and brush my lips softly against hers. I almost feel like I am moving in slow motion. I can feel her breath intermingling with mine and I swear I felt her shiver. Her eyes are closed now and I do the same. I adjust my angle and slide my hand from her face down her neck, shoulder and arm-ever so slowly. I want to memorize her body but right now I rest my hand on her hip not yet daring to go any lower. Both her arms come up around my shoulders and we finally have our first real kiss.

I think my brain actually short circuited! After a minute or so I feel my leg get hit with something and I pick up my head to snap at the person. When I look over to see what happened-it's actually someone in a wheelchair trying to get to the bathroom. Ugh...way to go Kogane, kiss the girl of your dreams in front of the restrooms of a crappy club!! Shit, maybe this is what Acxa was talking about when she said I had no romance!

I apologize to the guy and move Katie out of the way. We awkwardly start our way back to the table. My heart is beating fast and as we see our food get delivered to the table I realize I'm so glad Shiro came and got me. I've actually, never been so glad that I was not at home. And at a club. With people I do not really know.

God I wish my dad was still alive. He'd probably get a kick out of this! He was the more romantic out of my parents. Usually I'd say I take after my mom, but right now, I feel like I have an insight into my dad.  And now understand why he would sometimes come home and dance with my mom in the kitchen or tickle her for no reason. I realize sometimes you could just be so happy just being with someone that you need to act!! But now I need to reign in it so I don't scare her away!

As we arrive to the table, I see a few eyebrows raise and I wonder what's going on.

Matt states, "Pidge, did ya get lost?"

I look at her and she slowly shakes her head in the negative, like she's trying to figure out what the punch line is.

Matt smirks, "So it must be Keith then. Don't worry you both made it, you can let go of each other now!"

It's then I realize that we are holding hands. Shiro shakes his head and the others are laughing good naturedly. Whatever, I don't even care right now. They can laugh all they want, I've got the girl and I don't plan on letting her go!