Pidge gets a Little Insecure...

Pidge POV

Okay, that was awkward. But at least it's over and I don't have to worry about any miscommunication. I explained to Lotor why we wouldn't work and in time I think he will see I'm right. So, I vow not to turn back, to not give him any mixed signals. Lotor is just going to have to accept my decision. I got this.

Instead, I look up and see Keith is watching me and I feel a little light headed. He's so cute, his eyes are so intense that I falter for just a moment. I've never been a girl who has attracted too much attention from the opposite sex so I'm a little flustered. Lotor and I are just over and now I'm already interested in Keith. And he seems to reciprocate, shocker. Now, I am frantically combing my memory for information about him. But honestly I don't have much. Note to self: I really need to listen when other people are talking!

Then I happen to see Matt's face and his looks pissed! Normally I wouldn't care but I know he is worried about me. Oh boy, I don't need him telling mom anything about this night. I am going to have to have a nice one to one chat with him. I give him a reassuring smile to buy some time. He arches a brow and I know this is going to be a long talk. Diversion time!

"Hey boys! What happened to all the food?!"

Matt looks at the table and for a minute looks confused, "Hey, what did happen to the food?"

Hunk sheepishly replies, "You guys know I stress eat! But it was really good so yeah, I can tell you what to order." He moves to stand up and with a flourish bows and indicates I should scoot in. As I start to pass in front of him, he gives me hug and whispers in my ear, "Hey, you good?"

I smile and nod. "Yeah, I'm good. (Leaning back so I can look up into his face) but now I'm hungry!"

He laughingly replies, "No worries, I can tell you what, ooh ohh, I also wanted to try their street tacos! Let's order those!"

I smile and nod. I look down and see that Lance has no intention of moving...so I guess I'm not going to get to sit by Keith again. Darn.

I turn back to Hunk, "Hey order some tacos and a beer for me, I'm going to run to the bathroom before I sit back down."

Keith pushes Lance and says, "Hey, move, I am going to the bathroom too."

Lance slowly scoots out of the booth and Keith is in front of me before I know it. He quirks a brow, "Do we even know where it is?"

I look around for a sec, "Ummm, no." The place is packed with gyrating bodies, people mingling and lots of flashing lights. My face is on fire because we are going to the bathroom together, I seriously need to get a grip! I continue to look around while trying to find my typical cool.

Suddenly a very curvy and pretty waitress bounces (yes bounces) up to Keith and with a hand on his arm says, "Hey handsome, is there something I can do for you?" She's very pretty, and the outfits this places makes the waitresses wear leaves little to the imagination. Rather, she's got a very tight and short skirt on with killer heels and a shirt that definitely lets Keith see she was blessed in the chest area. I self consciously look down at myself and feel a little like a 10 year old at a popular teen party. In less than 10 seconds, I take all this in abruptly taking a step back from the two of them wanting a little distance between myself and the waitress. I don't need to highlight my inadequacies. I know waitresses often depend on making their money from tips and she may not really be interested in Keith but Keith is really attractive so yeah.

I look down and start to take another step back, when Keith's arm shoots out and grabs my arm, halting my progress. My eyes snap back up to his. He looks faintly confused then looks to the waitress, "Yeah we were wondering where the bathrooms are."

The waitress looks over to me and with a quick glance dismisses me as competition. She turns back to Keith and steps even closer, pushing her chest into his arm. Giving him a great view down her shirt, she bats her eyes at him and says, "The regular bathrooms are in the back, behind the dance floor" then she lowers her voice and says all breathlessly, "but I get off in 10, and I could take you our private VIP ones upstairs."

I can't help but roll my eyes. Whatever. Keith however looks confused and replies "Well we are already VIP's can't you just tell us where it is?"

The table erupts into laughter and Shiro is shaking his head. I take a shot, "Excuse me, can you just tell us where the restroom is?" She doesn't even glance my way. So swing and miss.

Instead she smiles, laughs and leans her head on Keith's arm. "Silly boy, I meant we could go together."

I am now biting my lip so hard I'm afraid I will break my skin but, honestly, I can't just scream.

Keith's eyes get slightly wider but he shakes his head, moves out of the hands of the waitress and throws his arm around me. "Sorry taken, haha, now seriously the bathrooms?"

The perky waitress now looks annoyed and steps away. Throwing an arm towards the back of the VIP section, she replies, "The VIP restroom is on the west side of the VIP section. See the sign?"

Okay! Time to get moving. Keith and I turn to the west side of the VIP section. Keith murmurs, "Well that was awkward. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine! Really, you're single so whatever." I quickly reply.

Keith looks confused and says, "Why would it matter to Lotor if I'm single?"

Duh..."Um it doesn't. Look here are the bathrooms."

Keith looks up and says, "Go on in, and I'll go but let's wait here for each other."

"Sure!"

I walk into and look at my reflection in the long mirror. Ugh. I wish I was taller, prettier, just more. I go use the bathroom and as I'm washing my hands my phone rings. I see that Allura is calling. I answer, "'Lo, what's up?"

Allura was asking where we were so I told her and she said she would stop over. I walk out to see Keith leaning against the wall, scrolling through his phone. He looks up when I'm in front of him. "Hey"

I smile, "Hey."

He moves off the wall, and offers his arm like in an old timey movie my mom likes to watch. I can't help but take his offered arm and hold on. His arm is strong and solid. Not like a body builder but lean and steady. I look up, face hot, and say, "Um, you know that girl was like totally hitting on you?"

He looks down and says, "Really, I hadn't noticed. How could I when I can't get you off my mind?" How is his voice so low and growly yet I can hear him over the music???

I cannot help the smile that spreads across my face...my super hot red face. I look down and take a deep breath. And I can't help but whisper, "Me too."

Keith arm is suddenly around me and pulling me tight against him in a hug that well...