CHAPTER 2 : AARUNYA'S BOYFRIEND

"Rey, I've received the gift

"Rey, I've received the gift. I'll drop by at Varun's place today and give him the gift." I said holding the phone between my shoulder and ear as I signed some documents.

"Thanks Riaana. You're such a sweetheart." He said making me laugh.

" No problem but why don't you give it to him when you're here next week ?" I asked him.

"Well, because that kind of a bond doesn't exist between us." He stated.

"You say that a bond doesn't exist when you send him gifts through me every year, ever since you've known me ?"

"Riaana, that's because nothing changes the fact that we're brothers. That's it."

"Why don't you tell Aarunya and Hamsini about it ? They always complain that you don't care for Varun. "

"I know that I care for him and it's enough. I'll always be there to look out for him as a brother."

"As you say. Where are we meeting though ?" I asked him.

"I'll come over to your place. The paparazzi know I'm staying at Eleanor's residence so they'll be out there to catch a glimpse." He told me.

Eleanor was Aarunya's and my classmate at college and she's second in line to the throne of England. Since Eleanor belonged to a royal family as well, Reyaansh's, Aarunya's and Eleanor's family knew each other well.

***

I ringed the bell with a gift in my hand. I was at Varun's residence to give him his gift.

Varunveer, his royal highness, the prince was Reyaansh's younger brother who'd been staying in London for about ten years now.

I met him when he came for Aarunya's graduation about two years ago.

The door opened and an unfamiliar face stood at the door.

"Yes ?"

"I'm here to meet Varun, V

arunveer." I told him. I've never seen him before.