CHAPTER 10 : A BATTLE OF EMOTIONS

"Riaana, here's your gift." Her mom and dad said pointing at a huge gift which was being brought out by a few of the royal helpers.

"And Rihaan, here's yours." They said pointing at another gift.

They held it infront of Riaana and Rihaan for them to open. By now, Rihaan knew that Riaana was his twin.

Aarunya walked over to Reyaansh and stood beside him.

"Rey, is Rihaan, Riaana's brother ?" She asked, looking at him.

"Yes, he is." Reyaansh answered. "He knew when he was eighteen. We didn't tell you because we wanted everyone to know about it today."

"Why didn't you tell me ?" She asked, looking at him, shocked.

"Udayveer uncle's decision."

"I'm scared. How would she react ?" Aarunya asked, switching the topic to Riaana. 

"It'll be fine." He replied patting her back reassuringly.

Riaana peeled off the wrapper to uncover a beautiful life size photograph of her taken a few months ago.

"Thank you, so much. It's beautiful." Riaana said smiling at her parents.

"There's something engraved on the bottom of the frame." Her mom said pointing to the bottom of the frame.

Riaana focussed on the engraving and her expressions had changed from a happy one to a shocked one. Everyone awaited her reaction.

Princess Riaana Jai Rajput

"Princess Riaana Jai Rajput.." She muttered in an almost inaudible tone.

"Riaana, you are our daughter." Her dad said putting his arm around her shoulder and kissing her temple.

"And, Rihaan is your twin." Her mom said bringing Rihaan closer to herself, with tears in her eyes. "Our son."

Riaana stood there, not knowing how to react. She didn't think about this. Not in her wildest dreams.

All her life, she had been hating her parents for leaving her in an orphanage and now, her parents show up and tell her that they're her parents. How on earth was she supposed to take this news ?

"We've been waiting to tell you this all our lives. Riaana, you -" Her dad began to speak but stopped when she moved away removing his arm from around her shoulder.

"Riaana." Aarunya said placing her hand on Riaana's shoulder stepping forward. "I -"

Riaana pushed her hand away and turned to face her. "Don't you touch me, Aarunya. You knew this all along didn't you ? How could you not tell me ?"

"Riaana -" Reyaansh tried to intervene.

"You too, Reyaansh. I thought both of you were by best friends. I was so wrong." She said pushing her hair back, messing up the hair.

Riaana felt betrayed and why would she ? Her best friends hid this from her, for whatsoever reason.

"Riaana, please listen to us, once. Just hear us out." Reyaansh pleaded walking to her.

"Please, Reyaansh. Leave me alone. I'm so angry at all of you now that I'd blurt out something that I would regret. I don't want to hurt any of you." She said taking one step back.

She turned around and walked to the door when she stopped in her tracks, turned around and walked back.

"Thanks for making my what I thought was my best birthday into the worst." She said and walked back to the door paying no heed to them calling out to her.