CHAPTER 26: SHARAN'S CONFESSION

I laughed a lot because of you. I cried a lot because of you. I believed in love because of you and now, I'm heartbroken because of you.

I stared at the letters in my hand. Each one of them had a title and a serial number. I put away all the letters except the first one.

1. The day I met you.

Hey, Riaana. I met you for the first time today, on your graduation and I am really really very proud of you.

To see you give that speech on the stage, it made me very proud. You looked absolutely beautiful today and I'll never forget how beautiful you looked.

When you first talked to me, it was the first time some girl other than my family and friends treated me like a normal human being, not like a prince.

While all the girls out there tried to get their hands on me, tried to impress me, you did nothing but being yourself.

You were a perfect Princess from the moment I saw you. You owned every moment

The fact that I can't tell you everything about your life makes me feel guilty but it's not like there's an option. I'm sorry about it. I know you'll be angry about it.

Cheers to the future together.

...

"How are you, Riaana ?" Mom asked me.

"I'm fine, mom." I replied, forcing a smile on my face.

The Rathore family and Rajput family came together for a lunch, just like they used to earlier.

I took my seat beside Varun and Rihaan on one side while Hamsini, Pahul and Parul sat.

I looked to my right, it was empty for the first time. It was Reyaansh's place beside whom Aarunya would sit.

I smiled to myself, fighting the tears.

"Riaana." Varun called out, making me look at him.

"You good ?" He asked and I simply nodded.

I looked to my right again to find Sharan sitting beside me. Sharan, the annoying so called Reyaansh's cousin. The one who'd have a controversy every other day. I have no clue why he joined the lunch today when he never did.

"Hi, Riaana." He said.

"Hi."

"You look pretty." He whispered pushing my hair behind my ear. He made me so uncomfortable.