CHAPTER 21 : THE RING

"Riaana, I'm sorry." Rihaan said putting his arms on her shoulders.

"Just leave me alone. I need time. I can't explain how I feel because even I don't know. Please." She said holding back her tears.

Varun, who had just dropped by, made his way past everyone and stood in front of Rihaan.

"Rihaan, leave us alone for a while. Please." He said looking at Rihaan and then at Riaana's parents. 

They nodded in understanding and closed the door behind them leaving Varun and Riaana alone.

"Riaana." He said pulling her into a hug making her break into tears instantly.

"Why does this have to happen to us, Varun ? Why us ?" She cried falling to the ground.

That was the first time she ever cried.

...

She never cried, no matter how difficult times were for her. Today, she couldn't hold herself in, she couldn't hide what she was for three weeks.

"I love him, Varun, I really do. Please tell him to come back." She cried, screaming her lungs out.

Varun let her cry. He knew how difficult it is for her, he had been through it once. This was his second time. It wasn't any easier on him.

There was nothing he could tell her, nothing could console her. Nothing would ever make her feel better and no one knew it better than him.

"Bring them back, Varun. Bring them back." She screamed falling to the ground.

...

'Princess Riaana moves into the Rathoregarh Palace'

It has been reported that Princess Riaana of Jaigarh has moved into the Rathoregarh Palace, to Rathoregarh 1A where Prince Reyaansh and Prince Varunveer live(d).

Reportedly, she moved in to be a pillar of support for the Rathore family who have been evidently disturbed by the death of Prince Reyaansh.

Prince Reyaansh met with an accident, four weeks ago on the Palmer Hills while he was out in the car with his friend, Princess Aarunya. A statement had been released by both Rathoregarh and Rajgarh palace that the car had rolled down a cliff and neither survived.

A few months ago, it had been reported that Prince Reyaansh and then-commoner Princess Riaana had been in a relationship. Is that the reason why she's moving into the Rathoregarh Palace ?

Princess Riaana makes her first appearance four weeks after the death of her cousin and close friend.

...

"Hello, your highness." Riaana greeted the queen of Rathoregarh dropping by her office.

"Hello, Riaana. Take a seat." She said pointing at the couch infront of her.

"How are you, your highness ?" Riaana asked while taking her seat opposite to the queen.

"I'm fine, Riaana. Also, you can call me Dadi Maa when we're not doing any official work." She told Riaana and then asked Riaana how she was.

"Thank you for letting me stay here, Dadi Maa. I know that this was a difficult decision for you, owing to the rumours and all the criticism that it would spark up." Riaana said looking down at the ground, embarrassed.

"Riaana, should I be honest with you ?" The queen asked the princess Infront of her who nodded.

"I knew Reyaansh loved you. It was no secret, here at the Rathoregarh Palace. Almost everyone knows about it." The queen told her while Riaana struggled to hold back her tears.

The mention of Reyaansh and Aarunya alone teared her up. It broke her heart a million prices everytime she heard their name.

"I'm sorry." Riaana said as she swallowed the lump in her throat and quickly wiped away a lone tear that rolled down her cheek.

"You don't need to, Riaana. For once, I don't care what the world says, Riaana. I've made that mistake with Varun. If I hadn't insisted on him acting normal Infront of the world, he probably wouldn't be so distant today." The queen sighed.

She always blamed herself of what Varun is today. Everyone must have their right to mourn and unfortunately that day, when his parents passed away, he didn't.

"Anyway, Riaana, know that we're your family. You needn't hesitate if you need anything." The queen told her.

"Thank you, Dadi Maa."

...

She strolled in the garden aimlessly. It was just one of those things she would do, since she lost the two most important people.

She began to walk back to the Reyaansh's and Varun's cottage when the clouds closed in.

She saw someone dressed in a black suit walking towards the cottage with a cream blazer in his hands.

She recognised it to be Reyaansh's. She gifted it to Reyaansh on his last birthday.

"Where did you get that ?" Riaana asked looking up at the man.

"His Highness left it in the car he went for a royal engagement in. He had switched cars when he left the royal engagement to go out with Princess Aarunya." He told Riaana.

"Can I take it ?" She asked him, not knowing if there was some royal protocol associated with that as well.

"Sure, your highness." He said handing it to Riaana.

With the blazer in her hand, she walked into the house, into Reyaansh's room. His room was where she was going to stay.

Everyone was hesitant about it, because it would remind her of Reyaansh every minute but she had already made a decision about it.

She ran her fingers over the blazer as his favourite cologne's fragrance still lingered over the blazer.

She felt a box like object in the blazer's pocket. Unsure of what it was, she pulled it out of the pocket. It was a beautiful royal blue velvet box with the letter 'R' inscribed on it.

Contemplating whether she should open it or not, she opened the box nervously. Her heart dropped the moment she opened it.

It was his mom's wedding ring, Princess Amyra's wedding ring. Why was it in his pocket ?

She carefully pulled it out and looked under the ring. She had learnt that it was a tradition to have the names of the couple engraved inside their rings.

One one side of the rings, it was Amyra and Karanveer, Reyaansh's parents and on the other.. it was Riaana and Reyaansh.

_______________________________________

Hey y'all ! Here's another update ! I hope you're enjoying ! Are you ? Or is it boring ? Do tell me if I should cut short Riaana's depression which is coming up soon !