CHAPTER 29 : IS HE BACK ?

'Princess Riaana and Prince Varunveer establish Heads together.'

Just a few weeks after Princess Riaana arrived in Jaigarh, the Rathoregarh and Jaigarh palaces have announced their new organisation - Heads Together.

The organisation deals with mental health issues and encourages everyone to speak out about the same. The prince and Princess are scheduled to have an interview about the same infront of a few invited delegates - members from NGO's dealing with mental health.

For more updates, keep reading TheEveryday News.

***

"Please welcome Her Royal Highness, Princess Riaana and His Royal Highness, Prince Varunveer." The emcee had announced just as Varun and I went up to the dias.

It's been two weeks since I came to Jaigarh after reading that letter. I can't move on, but I can do what he asked me to, Heads Together.

We took our seats opposite the emcee.

"Good evening. Varun and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule to come here."

"Your royal Highnesses, Princess Riaana and Prince Varunveer, we have picked out a few questions asked by the media and the public for you to answer. I hope that is fine."

"Of course. But please stop with those titles. We can't do with them throughout the interview. Varunveer ?" I asked turning towards Varun.

We were supposed to refer to each other by the other's name, not nickname when we're out for official engagements.

"Of course."

"Sure. Here's the first question. What was the driving force behind this organisation ?"

"This organisation is Aarunya's and Reyaansh's work. The both of them were working on this, before they met with that accident. Riaana and I, we're just taking over what they wanted to do." Varun spoke.

"Yes. Reyaansh, Aarunya, Varunveer and I were very close friends and perhaps that's what made them want to have this organisation. Both Varunveer and I have gone through a lot as we grew up, we couldn't talk about it and sometimes, it was just too much for us to take." I spoke once he was done.

"Varunveer, you left to London just a few months after your mother and father had passed away. Does that incident have anything to do with your mental health ?" The emcee asked.

"Totally. That could be the possible reason Reyaansh wanted to start this organisation. Mom and dad's death have broken me beyond repair. I couldn't stay here anymore. I blamed the media and I wanted to get away. Reyaansh and I grew apart because of the same and we just weren't like brothers anymore, even before they met with that accident." Varun answered, he was totally regretting not speaking to Reyaansh. It was seen on his face.

I looked at him and passed a small but reassuring smile to him.

"Princess Riaana, there have been speculations that you've been in depression for the past few months, is that true ?"

"Yes." I chuckled. " The whole purpose of this organisation is telling people that it's okay to speak out about your mental health and if I lie about it here, the purpose is lost. Yes, I have been in depression for the past few months and I still am, I'm working on it."

I knew that would put end to all the speculations but I'm not entirely sure how my family and Varun's will react to this.

"Is it also true that this depression has something to do with Princess Aarunya's and Prince Reyaansh's death ?"

"Totally. Reyaansh and Aarunya, they were my best friends. Everyone has their own set of regrets and so did I. They're death has changed my life, surely not for the good. "

We answered a few more questions before we were done. It took a lot to hold myself together, not to break out into tears everytime they mentioned Aarunya and Reyaansh but I did it, for them.

***

"Riaana." Dad called out my name as he sat down beside me on the bench in the lawn.

After I came back from London, I've been staying at the Jaigarh palace for two reasons. I didn't want to face Sharan anymore and I didn't want anymore rumours.

"Yes dad ?"

"How are you doing ? I know you're busy since Heads Together is just a month old."

"I'm fine, dad. Since the foundation is still in its initial stages, Varun and I have to put in lots of effort." I told him.

"Have you been attending therapy ?" I've been going to therapy for quite a few months now. The only reason behind that was because I didn't want mom, dad, Varun and Rihaan to worry about me.

"I have. I'm sure you know."

"Are you feeling better ?" He asked, concerned.

"I don't know dad. I can't even feel my emotions anymore. I just can't get over the fact that they're gone and I don't know when I will."

"Riaana, things take time. Getting better might happen eventually if not right now. You just need to keep trying."

I simply nodded, trying to swallow the lump in my throat and trying to hold back my tears.

"Your highness, there's a call for you." Dad's PPO informed.

"Good night, princess. I'll see you later." He left after placing a soft kiss on my temple.

"I miss you, Reyaansh. I really do. You not being here, it makes a whole lot of difference. Please come back, ask me out under these stars again."

"Will you be my girlfriend, Riaana ?" I heard his voice.

I'm just hallucinating, again. I can't take this anymore. I didn't want to look back but I wanted to look at him.

Hesitantly, I turned around. There he was, looking his best, as always. His hair not done, just as I preferred and his hands shoved into his pockets. He was there and yet he wasn't.

"You're just hallucinating, Riaana." I told myself as he walked towards me.

"You're just hallucinating." I repeated.

"You're not hallucinating, Riaana. I'm here." He said.

"You're not here. You're not." I took a step back as a cried.

He held me by my shoulders and pulled me closer. Those same eyes, the ones that looked at me with so much love, the love I failed to acknowledge.

"I love you, Ri." He said."I love you."

Barely a few seconds later, I could feel his lips on mine.

This was too good to be true. I knew that he will be gone when I open my eyes. I knew I was hallucinating.

_______________________________________

I'm so sorry for not updating in a while. I've been so busy with my exams and my YouTube channel. I just have another exam left but I can't promise regular updates since my YouTube channel tops my priority list after studies.

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed the chapter. Do tell me what you think. I'll try updating soon.