CHAPTER 3: FOR DINNER ?

"Is she going to live the rest of her life like this ?" Aarunya asked looking up at him with tears in her eyes

It was hard for her, to find out that your best friend is the sister you've never had and to keep it from her.

"No. She'll know on her twenty-sixth birthday. That's when we can tell according to what Guruji told us."

"Which is five months away."

"Five months away." I repeated.

"And you expect her to accept the fact ?" She asked me.

I shoved my hands into the pockets and shrugged.

"She's never going to leave her career to be here."

"That's a decision she has to make, Aarunya. "

"Well then, I know her decision. She's not going to leave her career, no matter what."

"Aarunya, let's not talk about this okay ? Please don't tell anyone about it." Reyaansh patted her cheek.

Reyaansh, to Aarunya was like her brother more than best friend. He always looked out for her and protected her like the brother she never had.

...

"Should I drop you at Aarunya's place ?" I asked Riaana as she stared out of the window.

I finally dragged Riaana to Rathoregarh after all the drama she put up again when I asked her to come with me.

"You shouldn't have taken so much stress, Rey. I could've taken a taxi to her place." She told turning to look at me.

"Riaana, India is not a place you regularly visit. You don't know this place." I told her, my eyes still on the road. "I can't leave you alone."

"But you're taking a two hour detour." She argued.

As cliche as it might sound, I could and will do anything for you. I will keep you safe. You're very precious, because you're just like her..