one

Age 16

Age 16

"Where are you going Cyrus?" Hayze asked as he came up behind him and placed a large hand on his shoulder. "Its late."

Cyrus clenched his jaw and cursed under his breath. The door was right there but he was one step too slow.

A small sigh left his plump lips and he ran his hand up over the hoodie covering his dirty blond hair. "I'm going out."

"At... 10:24 at night?"

Despite the fact that he was staring hard at the handle of the door, Cyrus could already see Hayze raising his eyebrow at him in his head.

"Yup," he said through gritted teeth. "I just... i need to get out for a bit. Please."

Hayze's hand left his shoulder and he could hear him sigh behind him. "Be safe or else i'll kill you. And then River will kill me. Got it?"

"Yeah," Cyrus said with a shake of his head as he imagined Hayze's small wife beating him over the head with a pillow.

Cyrus was taller than River who now acted as his own mother and sometimes his sister when he needed her.

He was now 5'11 and still growing. He ate up a lot of the food in the house because he was constantly moving. Searching.

Cyrus swung the big wooden door open and then immediately bolted down the gravel driveway, his shoes crunching over the ground as he ran.

Little patters behind him stopped him in his tracks and he sighed, hating that he was stopping. He did it everytime Rosie was out. She was the one thing that stopped him. And he fell for her sweet little voice everytime.

"C-cyrus?"

He took a deep breath before turning around and pulling his black hoodie over his head as his eyes fell on Rosie. His sweet little Rosie.

So tiny and precious.

His eyes scanned over her large oversized sweater dress that fell off one of her lean shoulders; showing off her collar bone which had a fake gold tattoo across it.

Her father would never let her get a real one.

"Yes Rosie?"

She looked at him with those big, glassy blue eyes that made his cold heart feel warm.

"Where are you going?" She yawned and rubbed her eyes with the sleeve of her sweater dress which he immediately stopped her from doing because he knew she'd get one of her long eyelashes in her eyes and she'd whine about it all night until someone got it out.

"You know where i'm going," he said as he brushed the wisps of baby hairs out of her face.

"Can i come? So you aren't there by yourself," she asked drowsily and he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"You're tired. And i just wanna see them by myself tonight."

She smiled softly with her plump pink rose colored lips and grabbed his wrist which held a black bracelet with a gold anchor clipping the ends together. "Tell them i said hello. Okay?"

He bit his lip and nodded before leaning down and pressing a lingering kiss to her forehead. "I will. Go to your bed Rosie."

She gave him one last smile before skipping back towards the house he had grown up with her in, her long dark hair fluttering behind her.

He gave the house one last look before he sprinted off into the darkness, his mind filling up the silence of the night.