two

The only sound that filled the graveyard was the whistling of the wind, the rustling of the leaves and the sound of Cyrus' broken boyish sobs as he cried over his parents graves

"I'm really sorry I couldn't save you mama. You too dad. I'm trying to get better but it's r-really hard. I know yo-you want me to get better, I promise I'm trying."

Cyrus scrambled forward when he felt a small hand on his shoulder and he cursed when he knocked over the flowers he had picked for them.

"What the f~ck Rosie. I told you to stay home," he growled.

She plopped down in front of their graves and sat quietly as she watched him with her head cocked. She never even flinched at his harshness.

"Did you tell them hello for me?" she asked quietly as she fixed his arrangement of flowers gently, leaning the limp flowers against stronger stems.

"No," he said quietly as his shoulders sagged, his hard mask falling. "Not yet."

"I knew you'd forget," she said with a small sad smile.

He nodded his head to himself knowing full well he probably would have forgotten if she hadn't showed up. 

"Did your papa see you come here?" he asked cautiously as he looked around for a car.

"No," she replied as she pulled at a long piece of grass out of the ground.

"You snuck out?" He sighed. "Rosie, you know that's bad."

"Well, you do it all the time," she pouted as she sat the flowers against their graves carefully.

He rolled his eyes and played with the dirty blond hair falling over his forehead. "That doesn't mean its right. You have school tomorrow."

"So do you. But you never come anymore." He watched as she scooted up in front of him, her dress rising up and he got a view of her cute little thin yellow panties. "Can't you come to school tomorrow? Please."

She was distracting him. And it wasn't even on purpose. How was that so easy for her? The only time he was easily distracted was when he was high - like really high. He wanted to curse himself sometimes for being so easily turned on. But what could he really do when the prettiest, sweetest girl he knew lived with him? He was only a measly sixteen years old, he could hardly control which direction he peed in the morning.

He avoided eye contact with her so that he wouldn't feel guilty for not showing up tomorrow. "Close your legs Rosie. I can see right up your dress."

She blushed and crossed her legs, ignoring the fact that he changed the subject. "We're having a sports day tomorrow at school. You can do the relay for the boys team. I'm doing relay for my team."

He snapped his eyes up to hers. "You are?" he asked through gritted teeth.

He knew that sports meant tight running shorts and that meant boys would be all over her. He didn't even know how she got a hold of the shorts. He knew Hayze would never get her those shorts but somehow she had them and she looked damn stunning in them.

"Alright, I'll come." But he'd also regret even showing up on a day where there was no school work. People would call him out on it - big time. But this was for Rosie.

Rosie squealed and jumped into his lap to hug him. His lips quirked up into a smile as she pressed a soft kiss to his cheek and she grinned as she pulled away. "Will you run?"

"Only if I get another kiss," he said as he tapped his cheek. She smiled and kissed him but in what she thought was in a friendly brother and sister way. But that kiss meant a lot more to him than he would like to let on.

"I brought tissues," she squeaked as she pulled out a pack of tissues.

He chuckled and thanked her before he took the tissues and wiped down his face. 

The mood suddenly shifted back to solemn and Cyrus hated that he depended so heavily on Rosie to make him smile. He wanted to do that himself.

"Are you sad again? Papa says you were sad."

He sighed and pulled her closer to him to keep her warmth near him. "I am sad, I guess." He couldn't believe he had just admitted that out loud. He spent weeks avoiding it in his head.

"I don't like when your sad," she said as she nuzzled into his chest.

He gave her small waist a gentle squeeze and her temple a kiss. "I don't like it either."