twentyfour

Cyrus sat at the table with his family, talking about the job interviews Hayze would be taking Cyrus back and forth to all day so he coud try and figure out where he wanted things to head later in his life

Even though school was almost over for him, Hayze nor River had pushed him into really figuring out where he wanted to work which he was grateful for. They knew it would have pushed him even further away and he wouldn't have realized that he needed to be around family in order to feel some sort of healing.

"I'm going to a party after my job interviews. So you probably won't see me until tomorrow morning. I'll be home later tonight, of course. But you'll be asleep by then," Cyrus commented between a bite of his chocolate chip pancakes.

Hayze raised a brow at him as he took a sip of his dark coffee. "A party?"

"Yup," Cyrus nodded. "After my last interview, a friend will pick me up and take me there. So you can head home after you drop me off to my last one this afternoon Hayze."

"I do-"

"My love.. Cyrus is nineteen. We trust him, don't we?" River said and Cyrus noticed Hayze sit up straighter and clear his throat.

"Mm.. y-yeah," Hayze grunted out.

Cyrus spared a cautious glance at Rosie and she just shrugged in confusion.

"Alright, go ahead upstairs and get dressed. Business casual, alright?" River said with a soft smile. "And Rosie, go get ready for dance. Your friends mom said you could come over today."

"Oh, really?" she asked, though she sounded mildly disapointed. "Okay, thank you for breakfast," she said as she got up and began collecting all of their empty plates.

Cyrus got up and began grabbing their dishes and taking them over to the sink before he jogged up the stairs towards his room.

___

《 s e x u a l  c o n t e n t 》

Cyrus turned around when he finally got the last button done on his dress shirt. "What is it Rosie? You keep giving me a weird look."

She pouted when she got up on her knees on his bed and leaned forward, grabbing for him and giving him that soft, puppy dog look he adored. "Why aren't I allowed to come to the party with you? I wanted to spend today with you."

He walked forwards, taking her arms and wrapping them around the back of his neck before snaking his own arms around her and lifting her off the bed. She wrapped her legs around his waist as she gazed at him longingly.

There was something in her eyes that was foreign to him and made the air around them feel different. He didn't quite understand what it was.

"Hayze would get so mad if I brought you along, princess. You know i'd take you out for some fun if he allowed it. But he doesn't quite trust the friends I hang around to be around you," he said before pressing a soft kiss to her cheek, just under her eye.