eighteen

After getting permission from Hayze to basically be with his dream girl, well if Rosie wanted the same thing, the air in the house seemed to have changed

After getting permission from Hayze to basically be with his dream girl, well if Rosie wanted the same thing, the air in the house seemed to have changed. Cyrus had changed. He felt lighter on his feet. He felt excited to get up in the morning, he looked forward to a new day when the night came. And that was something he hadn't felt in such a long time. It was refreshing. He felt like he could finally breathe.

He loved it.

Cyrus sat in the drivers seat of Hayze's truck, just taking in the new car smell which it still held even though he'd had it for six years. This wasn't his first time driving one of Hayze's cars, but he'd never driven his prized truck. And he couldn't hide his excitement. He was practically dancing with excitement as he started the truck.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that him and Rosie were about to go on their first date. Well, Rosie didn't know that. But in his head, this was their first date. Hopefully he'd find the courage to admit that to her.

"Why did my papa let you use his truck?" she questioned skeptically, poking him in his side to which he let out something between a whine and a choke.

"You know I hate when you do that, Rosie," he grumbled.

Rosie chose not to respond so Cyrus just started up the truck, driving out to the gate slowly to give it a chance to open.

"Where are we going today? What are we doing?" Rosie fired off question after question and Cyrus just turned up the music the louder and more insistent she got.

The closer they got to the place Cyrus was taking them, the more quiet Rosie got and he let out a sigh once they were finally parked outside of the restaraunt. "Sushi?!" she exclaimed, her nose pressed up against the window as he slowly put it up.

"Yup," he nodded, a small chuckle leaving his mouth.

"I haven't been here for like.. over a year and a half. Mama and papa stopped bringing me because we all knew it wasn't the same with out you. It was.. hard for me, i guess," she said, her voice falling quieter towards the end.

Cyrus knew it was hard for Rosie to express any other feelings other than happy, grateful, excited or just all around positive. It worried River the most because she knew she was most likely hiding away any negative feelings for the sake of others around her. She was so used to listening to other peoples problems that she sometimes buried her own away.

Rosie was a selfless person; and that could have one day been her downfall.

Cyrus bit down on his bottom lip as he stared ahead at the sushi place before he turned to Rosie with furrowed brows, his eyes flickering over Rosie's face slowly. "Is something still bothering you?" he asked after a long pause.

Rosie turned her attention away from the passengers side window and then looked up at him hesitantly, shrugging her shoulders. "I d-don't know.."

He shook his head and then lifted one hand up, caressing her face gently, his rough fingers gliding over the soft skin of her slightly chubby cheek, or baby fat as she liked to so nicely call it. "You've been there for me since day one, princess. Give me a chance to do the same for you, yeah?"

Rosie nodded slowly and leaned into his hand, placing one of her smaller ones over his. He smiled encouragingly at her when she stuttered around for words to say.

"Speak your mind, Rosie," he said, his deep voice lowering into a gentle, smokey tone.

She stared at him with her big blue eyes, her own eyes flickering over his face before she let out a shaky exhale. "Speak my mind?"

"Mhm," he nodded, watching as her pupils dialated slightly, filling up the oceany blue spaces a bit.

"I was angry at you when you left. And then i felt sad and lost and i didn't understand why it was bothering me so much. I felt selfish because everyday i wanted to call you and beg you to come back. And i just.. i was so mad that you didn't-" she swallowed slowly, changing her way of approaching him. "I like you," she mumbled, looking down at her lap and he felt his heart stutter a few times in his chest.

Did she mean...

"Like.. i have a crush on you, i think."

He raised a brow, trying to play it cool and placed his hand under her chin, tilting her head up so she'd look at him. "You think?"

"Mhm," she replied, a pink tint starting to form on her cheeks.

He laughed softly and trailed his hand across, tucking a curl of hair behind her small ear. "So would you mind if i just.." he leaned forwards and pressed a lingering kiss to her forehead. "Or.." he pressed a kiss to her nose and then he began to move a little lower, his lips grazing the corner of hers.

'Do it. Do it. You've wanted this for so long. Just kiss her.'

His eyes widened when he suddenly felt soft lips press against his, breaking him out of his inner dialouge. He felt like if he had a little man on his shoulder to show his feelings, it would be break dancing in a hula skirt. Weird, but it was hard to describe the feelings Rosie was giving him.

He had anticipated a good feeling, but nothing like the sweet shivers that ran through his body and the floaty feeling he received in his head.

She had just kissed him and it was more than he could have ever imagined.

When they both pulled back, Rosie's eyes were still closed and the tips of her ears were pink and Cyrus had a bright smile on his face. He couldn't contain his happiness.

"Rosie," he laughed, wrapping his arms around the small girl and she yelped as she fell forward over the center console. "I like you too, princess. A lot more than you realize."