Cookies

That imagine takes place when The Scorch Trials were filmed, so Thomas is 24 or something. Let's just say he's 24. Now, on with the imagine!

Y/n's POV
I entered my home, closing the door with my foot, since my hands were full with shopping bags. I walked to the kitchen and put them on the counter. Removing my jacket and kicking my shoes off my feet, I took out a small pink piece of paper from my jacket pocket, containing my mother's new number she gave me earlier today. I walked up to the couch and sat down, taking my phone out and typing the number in, saving it. Once done, I put the phone down and went to put the stuff away.

~TIME SKIP~

I danced around on 'All I want for Christmas is you', baking Christmas cookies. My mom is supposed to bake some as well, so I decided to check on her. I haven't talked with her from some days anyway.

I picked up my phone and dialed her new number, then put the phone between my ear and shoulder, hearing the beeps and waiting for her to pick up.

After the third one, she answered.''Hey mom!''I said immediately, not giving her a chance to greet me first.''Did you make your cookies?''I asked.

I heard a chuckle from the other side of the line, but it didn't sound like my mom.''Sorry, love, but I'm not your mother and sadly I don't have any cookies.''a male voice said, thick british accent lacing it.

''Oh! You're not my mom!''I said and mentally slapped myself. He just said that, you slinthead!

''I'm not,''he confirmed again.

''I'm so sorry! I got the wrong number!''I apologized.

''It's fine, love,''he said.''But what about these cookies?''

I left the cookies and leaned on the counter, holding the phone and laughed.''Well, I gotta call my mom to ask her if she did hers. I'm making some as well,''I confessed.

''Sounds nice,''he said.''Mind me trying some, love?''

Why is he calling me love?

''Well, I wouldn't mind, but I don't really know you, now do I?''I said. What if he's some perv? He doesn't sound like one, though.

''Oh but of course, let me introduce myself,''he said.''My name's Thomas. Thomas Sangster.''he said.

My eyes went wide.''Thomas Sangster? As in the guy that played Newt in The Maze Runner?''I asked.

''Yup. Surprised?''he asked, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

''Well, duh!''I said.''I'm talking with my favorite actor over the phone! Wouldn't you be surprised as well?''I asked.

''I guess,''he said.''I didn't catch your name?''he said.

''Oh, yeah!''I said.''It's Y/n. Y/n L/n.''I said, copying him.

He chuckled.''Nice name,''he said and then I heard someone yelling for him in the distance. He said 'okay, just a sec,', then spoke to me again.''As much as I don't want to end this conversation and miss the cookies, I got to go,''he said.

I giggled.''It's fine. I didn't expect you to talk to me anyway,''I said and regret crossed my face. Who says that to their idol?''That was stupid, sorry.''I said, trying to save myself from embarrassment. I changed the subject.''Maybe one day you'll try them, Sangster''I said.

''I hope so, L/n,''he said and I smiled.''That's a bye, I guess,''he said.

''Yeah,''I said, sadly.''Bye.''I said and the line went dead.

I put the phone down on the counter and watched it for a few seconds, then screamed as hard as I can.

~CHRISTMAS~

Y/n's POV

I walked in my childhood home, already smelling the delicious food my mom has cooked for me, her, my little brother and my dad. It's always just the four of us, because my mom doesn't have any siblings and dad is not on speaking terms with his sister.

My dad and brother greeted me, inviting me in. My brother was excited, telling me about his new girlfriend, which he really liked as I understood. I put the big jar or cookies on the coffee table, in front of the two of us.

My mom came from the kitchen with her apron on to greet me, then said.''This year, some friends of your dad and me will be coming over with their kids. The boy is a year older than you, Y/n, and he's such a sweetheart!''she said.

I blushed.''Mom!''I said. She's been wanting me to get a boyfriend since high school, but I told her I'm waiting for the right guy. Guess she doesn't understand me.

After a while of catching up with my brother, the doorbell rang.

My mom shouted from the kitchen.''Y/n, sweetie, that's them! Do you mind opening?''she asked.

''Sure, mom!''I shouted back and stood up. I went to the door and opened it. There stood a woman and a man, a younger girl, who I guess was their daughter. All of them looked oddly familiar.

''Hi! You must be Y/n, correct?''the woman asked.

I smiled and nodded.''Yeah, that's right,''I said.

''It's nice to finally meet you! Your mom has talked so much about you!''the woman said and extended her hand for me.''I'm Tasha, by the way.''she said.

I shook her hand.''Nice to meet you,''I said. Ava and Mark, her husband and daughter, introduced themselves as well, then went deeper into the house. Before she went to the kitchen, Tasha spoke.''My son is coming as well, he was just getting something from the car. Mind waiting for him?''she asked.

I nodded with a smile again.''Sure, no problem,''I said. She thanked me and continued on her way.

''Sorry to keep you standing here, love,''an oddly familiar voice said. I turned around and looked at the boy in front of me.

''You-you're-"

''Thomas Sangster, yes. Surprised?''he asked with a chuckle. He doesn't recognize me, though. He doesn't know how I look like.

I decided to trigger his memory.''Well, duh!''I said.''I'm talking with my favorite actor! Wouldn't you be surprised as well?''I asked.

His eyes widened.''Y/n?''he asked. I nodded my head. HE REMEMBERS ME?!''Woah, the world is small, isn't it?''he asked.

''It is,''I said.

''So, now that I'm here and you know me, mind me trying these cookies, love?''he asked. I laughed.

Little did I know, these cookies were the beginning of a long relationship.

Lame way to finish the chap, I know. You know I'm a terrible author, so bear with me. I'm sorry for now updating the past two weeks too!! But I've had a bit of writers block and I've had school, so yeah. My holidays are starting this week and I have some ideas, so get ready!
I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner, OMG!
Thanks for understanding and reading! Love ya! Stay awesome!😘❤️