5 : He's not scary

"What the heck are you newbies doing here?"

The six boys weren't able to say it for sure, as the ravenette student had his messy bangs all over his face, but it looked like he was wiping tears off of his face.

It didn't go unnoticed by the newbies, but they also didn't know how to react to it. And anyways, what could possibly make this cold boy cry?

Thinking of it as just a misunderstanding seemed like the best option at the moment.

The ravenette had caught them staring. He quickly removed his delicate hands away, and locked eyes with Yoongi, who was still pointing at him.

Realizing his ice cold stare, Yoongi put his hand down, and tilted his head with a small smile. "Yeah, is there something wrong with it?"

"We actually just wanted to ask if you'd like to go grab some food with us. You know, hang out for a while" Taehyung suggested with a huge grin on his face.

"And money is not a problem, I can pay for you" Jin added proudly, winking at the ravenette boy.

You could see how the shorter boy's cheeks slowly started to turn into the same color as Jin's hair, while the boy himself was trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.

"Ohh, putting up a show now? Aren't you a bit too young to be a sugar daddy?" Jungkook teased the male, not caring about the deadly glare Jin was now giving him.

"Jungkook, you're so dead!!"

Not wanting to deal with these troublesome boys any longer than he had to, the ravenette quickly replied; "You don't even know me, why would you want to be with me?"

"Aww, you were way cuter when you were all flustered because of Jin" Jimin coo'ed, cupping his own squishy cheeks.

Yet, all he got as an answer was just an eye roll from the messy haired male.

"Yeah, but we don't know anyone here" Namjoon said, ignoring Jimin's act. "So, why not start by getting closer to you?"

A deep sigh, that no-one still could hear because of the wind blowing through the rooftop, escaped the ravenette's heart shaped lips.

"Jung Hoseok. That's my name."

He had tucked his hands inside the pockets of his pants, those were a bit loose around his legs.

No matter how much of a badass he looked like, the six boys still could tell that he was getting more comfortable around them. Introducing himself was a good sign.

"Jeon Jungkook, nice to meet you" Jungkook was quick to step closer to Hoseok, and hold his hand out for the shorter boy to shake it. "Maybe you aren't such an asshole after all!"

Another eye roll, this time it was for Jungkook though. "Can't be too sure about that" Hoseok hissed back.

"Warming up a bit, huh?"

"Shut up" Hoseok slapped Jungkook's hand away, such a shame. It had started so well ー maybe he just had teased the boy too much.

"Make me" Jungkook smiled back, sticking his tongue out playfully.

"Okay okay, enough of that Kook" Taehyung pushed the brunette, not roughly, but it still was enough to make him lose his balance.

Jungkook cursed out loudly, but little did Taehyung care, as he already was introducing himself to Hoseok.

Hoseok's bambi-like eyes were wide open, and not full of either anger or annoyance as they were before. Maybe he just lost his character as he got surprised, but in any way, he looked adorable.

"I'm Kim Taehyung!" the male introduced himself, with a grin as huge as ever. Hoseok may or was not going to say something, but Jimin had entered the scene before he got to even open his mouth.

"And I'm Park Jimin, just forget that 'Jiminie' shit."

"Oh, a shorter name like that one suits you better" Hoseok said, not even blinking his eyes, those just to mention, were no longer as sparkly and surprised as just a second ago. This boy, he sure was the most confusing creature Jimin had ever met.

He reminded him a bit too much of the five other idiots he's so used to be with.

"...You just really had to say that, didn't you" he quietly huffed.

Before an akward silence could take over the conversation, that was surprisingly going quite well for now, Namjoon decided to introduce himself as well. His dimples kept on appearing out of nowhere, as he spoke. "I'm Namjoon."

The moment he locked his eyes with Hoseok, he knew he had said something that he could make fun of. "Is your last name 'Im', or did you just shorten 'I am'?"

"Smartass. It's Kim Namjoon" the tall male sighed, still actually smiling at the thought of this 'Jung Hoseok' really being this irritating without even really trying. "Pretty close to 'Im', isn't it?"

"I kinda like you, boy."

It was Jin who said it. Honestly, it was no wonder he found himself liking Hoseok in some sorta way, as he himself also loved to joke around like that.

"I'm Seokjin. Guess, if my last name comes with or without that 'K'."

"He's Kim Seokjin" Yoongi whispered near Hoseok's ear. "Just so you knoㅡ Holy shit!"

No-one had noticed that the white haired male that is Yoongi, had walked his way right next to Hoseok.

Hoseok had let out a high pitched scream and practically ran away from Yoongi, since he really had not noticed the boy next to him, and a sudden whisper like that really had scared the life out of him.

"Calm down! I'm not a ghost!" Yoongi chuckled, also trying to calm down after both, getting a heart attack and becoming deaf because of Hoseok.

"Y-You're as pale as a ghost tho!" Hoseok stuttered back, completely losing his character at this point.

Yoongi only chuckled at the (probably) traumatized ravenette. "Hah."

"Scaredy-cat."

× × ×

A/N

i had to unpublish and publish this again&again since wattpad kept on deleting this chapter 😔 so sorry for the wait

💕 stay safe

ー hyun