22 : Talk about it

Hoseok couldn't deny it,

Seokjin's food was delicious. To be honest, it was maybe even better than the food served at the restaurant-kind-of place they had been in. 'Persona', was that what the place was called again?

Lost in his thoughts, Hoseok had not payed much attention to what was going on around him.

First of all, when some minutes ago Yoongi had dragged him to come eat dinner with them, the he had ended up sitting in the corner, right next to Jungkook.

Well, it was better than being sandwiched between two of the six 'idiots' Hoseok had somehow ended up sticking around, but even with this bunny-faced brunette next to him, he felt uncomfortable.

He had not noticed it, as his head was going through a lot of important and not-so-important stuff, but Jungkook had actually been staring at him for a good while now.

While Hoseok himself silently ate, the others in the room sure had noticed Jungkook's odd behaviour.

"Allright Kook, what the hell is wrong with you?"

Namjoon held his head, talking with a disappointed tone. "Since we started eating, you've been just staring at Hoseok like you're going crazy."

"Is this really how your dumbass treats visitors?"

"You fucking creep" Hoseok murmured, not even bothering to look at Jungkook, the frowning boy he was quietly insulting.

"Okay okay! Geez... Sorry, I guess!?" Jungkook huffed, throwing his hands in the air. "But for real now, I just happened to notice something..."

"...Weren't you wearing earrings when we first met you?"

"Wait, I think he was wearing those kind of chain-like earrings. Right, Hoseok-ie?" Taehyung agreed.

Only now Hoseok put down his chopsticks to actually lift up his head from the plate full of deliciousness.

"You," he looked at Taehyung, "Don't call me that. It makes me feel even sicker to hear you say that."

"Whaaaaaaat?" Taehyung frowned, crossing his arms over his chest like a little kid. "You don't like being called Hoseok-ie?"

There it was again, that obnoxious grin that Hoseok had already seen for way too many times, even though he had literally just met this guy.

"What about Hobi then? Suits you just as well!"

It was no more only teasing, Taehyung just wanted to annoy Hoseok, which led to this easily expected answer from the latter: "Just shut up, will you?"

And before Taehyung would come up with even more idiotic nicknames, Hoseok decided to answer Jungkook's question, and lead the conversation to another topic.

"But yeah, I did have earrings that day. What about it?"

Jungkook blinked his eyes twice, looking very adorable while doing so.

"Were they actual earrings though?" he asked. "Your ears don't seem to be pierced."

Embarrassment, that burning feeling taking over Hoseok's whole body was making his face feel warmer than before. This time he hoped he could just call it fever, but no. No way he could lie his way out of this situation.

But at least he could try to play it cool, right?

"What kind of ear fetish do you have, huh?" Hoseok groaned back, his voice sounding in a way or another, a lot softer than before.

"You noticed such a thing? You really are a creep!" Yoongi laughed, mocking Jungkook with such a joyful aura around him. "Seriously..!"

Jungkook's attention was now more directed towards Yoongi. Couple harsh words were shared between the two of them before Namjoon told them to cut it off.

"But for real, why haven't you pierced your ears?" Jin asked, looking at Hoseok and clearly trying to get a glance at his ears even though he was sitting far away from him. "...You do seem to like earrings after all."

"Look, even we all have ear piercings" Namjoon pointed out, tilting his head a bit, so Hoseok could get a better view on the small, silver hoops he had on.

"Erm.."

Hoseok was pretty much speechless. Well, it's not like he had any money to get himself actual earrings, and even the clip-on ones he had were given to him for free when he had once happened to pass by a new earring store, that was having a some kind of a opening ceremony.

But more specificly, the reason why he probably would never even get his ears pierced, was that he was also afraid of it hurting...

He had never talked to anyone about the topic, so he had no idea whenever it would hurt or not. And when even the thought of something sharp going through his skin felt way too painful, he couldn't help but to fear it.

"Could it be that you're scared of getting your ears pierced?"

Ouch, too soon, Jimin had already hit the bull's eye. Seeing how Hoseok reacted to his question gave Jimin the answer he was looking for. Lightly giggling, he looked back at Hoseok;

"So it really is like that? How cute!"

× × ×

A/N

oh my gosh HELLO HUNIES 😔
was i gone for too long..? sigh, i apologize.. even now, i'm actually sick.. but why not to write when i finally felt like doing so?

but,, i have a question for you all:

" Do you guys want me to continue on writing this book and/or my other books too? "

^^ i'd be honored to hear your opinions, lovelies 🍰 !

anyways! i hope you guys are doing allright - and if not, i wish that things will get better soon :( fighting!

💕 stay safe

ー hyun