17 : Rain falls down

Hoseok had started to hate rain.

When Namjoon had asked, if the six of them could walk Hoseok home, Hoseok had kindly rejected their offer. The boys still sticked with him once he started to make his way to the school's entrance.

Of course, it had started to rain again. It wasn't as bad as it had been the day before, but the six boys still could hear how Hoseok cursed out loud for not having an umbrella.

Without having any excuses to run back home like yesterday, Hoseok had to accept the fact that he indeed was going to walk with the boys.

Today, it was only Hoseok who wasn't carrying an umbrella with him. The other boys told Hoseok how Jungkook had told them to take their umbrellas, since it was surely going to rain in the afternoon.

Hoseok lied once again, saying that he had forgotten his umbrella, that in reality, didn't even exist because of his money problems.

"You're looking pretty pale today, are you allright?" Namjoon asked from Hoseok, who was walking under his pastel brown umbrella.

"You look even paler than Yoongi" Jungkook pointed out.

Honestly, Hoseok was starting to feel way worse than he had this morning. It has been about five hours since he had taken pain killers in the nurse's office, so it was not a surprise that the effect of the medicine was vanishing.

"I'm allright" Hoseok said with a straight face. The look on Namjoon's face was telling Hoseok, that he was caught in a lie. Yet, he wasn't going to argue about it.

"But seriously, do you guys even live near here?"

Hoseok tried to change the topic, so he could forget about his headache, and the six boys would stop worrying about his current state, and the switch happened rather smoothly.

"If you don't, you shouldn't just come and walk with me. It's not even raining that much."

"That much? You would get all soaked in a weather like this" Jimin said, pointing at the dark clouds in the sky, those had not moved anywhere since yesterday.

"We don't actually live too far away from here. And it's nice to look around this place" Jungkook said with a little smile on his face. "How far do you live from here anyways?"

Hoseok looked at him. "Maybe ten minutes of walking. Why?"

"So far away? If we would turn left from here, walk into that direction for like, three minutes and then turn right, we would already be at our house!"

Jungkook's soothing voice was slowly blending in with this odd humming Hoseok heard inside his head.

All the colors he saw mixed into one big blurry storm, as everything around him began to shake. The foggy world in front of his eyes turned darker and darker, and he could feel his body giving up to the dizzy feeling.

Hoseok no longer had any control over his body, and with a muffled thump, his limp body fell on the street. The last thing he heard before everything he felt and saw disappeared, was someone calling his name.

"Hoseok!!"

Namjoon yelled out the smaller male's name in panic. Right in front of his eyes, Hoseok had passed out on the ground.

He dropped his umbrella and lifted up Hoseok's limp body just high enough, so his clothes wouldn't get all soggy.

Along with Namjoon, the other boys were gathered around the unconscious boy in Namjoon's arms with worried expressions. Yoongi crouched down to place his hand on Hoseok's forehead, swiping away the boy's black curls at first.

"His forehead is burning up" he said quietly, feeling his hand heat up under the soft locks.

The boy was sick for sure, no matter how he had tried to prove to be allright.

"Someone hold my umbrella for me, I'll carry him" Jungkook said, picking up Hoseok from Namjoon's hold. Namjoon wasn't going to start questioning why he couldn't carry him, it wasn't a good time to be selfish.

"Okay then," he sighed, picking up his own umbrella, and Jungkook's too. "But where are we going to take him? We don't know where heー"

Namjoon didn't even get to finish his sentence, before Jin had already spoken up.

"To our house."

× × ×

A/N

sorry my lovelies 😔✌️ this chapter (too) was a bit short .. but ey, finally something from the original plot

💕 stay safe

ー hyun