8 : Trembling all over

Hoseok's hands were shaking.

You could blame the slightly windy weather for it, but you would only end up lying.

It wasn't only the lack of both, food and sleep, that was already making Hoseok's heart race as he even thought of finally getting to eat something that would actually make him feel full, but the cause of his fast heartbeat was also his nervousness.

The shaky hands of his, he had hid inside the pockets of his hoodie, since showing such an emotion as 'nervousness' wasn't going to happen now or never.

With a painfully emotionless face Hoseok kept on walking towards a fast food place the six boys he was with had told him about.

It's funny, how Hoseok had been living in this place for a good while, yet he wasn't sure if he had ever even noticed this quite cozy looking mix of a cafe and a fast food restaurant.

'Persona', that's what the huge sign on top of the building said. For a moment Hoseok thought that the name was just terrible, but some part of him also kind of liked it. At least it matched with the peaceful feeling this place radiated.

"It sure looks nice, huh?"

Namjoon had caught Hoseok off guard, while he had been eyeing the building with his soft gaze.

"Yeah" Hoseok didn't even bother to look at the male that had spoken to him. Instead, he quickly lowered his head and fixed his eyes on his shoes. "I guess so."

With a bunch of 'let's go's, the students got inside the building, which looked even better on the inside. The colors weren't too bright, and even if most of the furniture were colorful, the designer of this place had made a good job with somehow still making them match the beige walls and brown floor.

There was a lot of tables, and over half of them were full, which is a respectful amount of customers in the middle of a weekday.

"What do you wanna eat?" Jin asked, not only from Hoseok, but from all of them. He was going to keep his promise of treating everyone today, and now he was even more happy to do it since Hoseok was with them.

While the other boys were dragging Jin around to point at the stuff they wanted to eat from the small menu books they had grabbed, Hoseok was only looking around again.

He had always hated how cold his own apartment felt like. It really wasn't a home, more like just a shelter for him.

Seeing a place as welcoming as this, kind of warmed his heart. What if he could feel like this more often? What if...

"Hoseok? What about you?"

Jimin had been looking at the daydreaming ravenette, who quickly winked his eyes couple times after he had heard Jimin calling him.

It was such an adorable sight to see the boy in black to shake his head a bit, probably to bring himself back to reality from his thoughts. So cute.

"I uhㅡ"

As if Hoseok had completely lost his character, his voice started off very quiet and unsure. A hint of panic in his expression made his eyes glisten under the brown lamp that was hanging from the ceiling, right above him.

A lost angel, that's what the boy reminded Jimin of.

"You're so cute when you space out like that" Taehyung's boxy smile could be seen again, as he grinned at Hoseok.

The soft look on Hoseok's face disappeared into the thin air as soon as he got a hold of himself again. No, he wasn't like this at all.

"Shut up..." he scolded Taehyung, not as harshly as Taehyung had thought. "I'll just take anything that's fine with... Jin, was it?"

"Oh I'm hurt, you almost didn't even remember my name" Jin sighed in such an overdramatic way. This guy could easily be an actor.

"But are you sure that you'll be fine with whatever I'll get for you?" Jin asked for the last time.

Hoseok nodded.

While Jin was making their order, which he somehow was able to fully memorize, the other boys went to look for a table. They needed a large one for this many people.

"This one?" Yoongi stopped by a long table near one of the windows. It had seats for eight people in total, so it was quite perfect for them.

Positive mumbles saying something along the lines 'this one's good' could be heard in the bunch of students, and so they all sat down to wait for Jin.

All, expect Hoseok. Another wave of nervousness hit him, and he could feel anxiety slowly creeping up on him. With such a lame excuse as using the bathroom, he quickly left the other students to chat with each other.

"Just what are you doing Hoseok..."

He was having a sad staring contest with his reflection, that looked just as tired as he did himself.

Mumbling by himself wasn't a very effective way of escaping his suffocating feelings, but it's all he could do right now. He had to be strong in front of them... Yeah, them all.

Minutes passed by, and Hoseok took his last, deep breath before opening the door on the bathroom stall's entrance. What he didn't expect, was to be greeted with the boy as pale as his white hair, Yoongi.

× × ×

A/N

i'm actually kind of proud of this chapter, feels nice to feel this way once in a while. i love you all 💕

💕 stay safe

ー hyun