38 : Sixth sense

"Morning cuddlebugs."

Cheerful laughters were heard across the house that had apparently been too quiet for way too long. The 'good morning' wishes chimed in the now lively building, and of course it was about the time Jin and Taehyung would get their morning greetings too.

Yoongi, that little ghost boy in his white hair, was still sightly chuckling at the view in front of him; two of his best friends laying on the same, king sized bed, all cuddled up.

Well of course he was no-one to judge as he was being known for fancying holding hands twenty-four-seven, but he couldn't help the fact that his pouty lips broke into a wide gummy smile as soon as he had witnessed the two Kim's cuddling.

"Argh.. Yoongi.." Taehyung groaned, his voice sounding tired and raspy from waking up only a moment ago.

"Didn't think I'd find you here. You have your own bed, you know that right?" Yoongi continued to tease with a wide grin. "Do I need to get Joon here too? So you all Kim's can just evolve into one hot messー"

At the speed of light, Taehyung untangled his body parts from Jin's, and almost jumped up from the latter's bed.

"You little bastardー" Taehyung cursed out loud, yet his tone was playful and there was an embarassed smile on his puffy face.

Yoongi quite quickly caught up on what was about to happen to him if he stayed there for any longer, and ran out of the bedroom as fast as he could, Taehyung following right after him.

"Run away all you want, you know that in the end I'm faster than you!" Taehyung yelled across the hall, before heading downstairs to continue on chasing Yoongi.

It really was a quite lively morning in the house of these six boys', but it was nothing out of the ordinary for them. Yet there was someone new in the bunch whose days normally didn't start in such cheerful manners.

Jin, who had stayed in bed despite all the hassle his one-night cuddlebuddy Taehyung and the sugar cube of the house (also known as Min Yoongi) had created, was now finally getting up from the soft mattress.

While doing some morning stretching which mostly consisted of lots of yawning and some odd-looking back arching, the memories from last night started to come back.

'Oh, right, I should go check on Hoseok!'

Slipping on his soft alpaca slippers Jin left the now empty room, and walked through the hallway.

Everyone else seemed to be downstairs already, and judging by the faint noises coming from the first floor, someone was already making breakfast. Quite ironic enough, since Jin himself was usually the one to cook most of the meals in this household, wanted he it or not.

Well, he was a bit skeptical about trusting the other boys to be alone in the kitchen with stuff like boiling water and sharp knives ー Namjoon especially ー and Jin actually quite liked to handle the cooking chores, even when it was just to make sure nobody would set the house on fire while frying eggs...

...Not speaking from experience of course.

*Knock knock*

No response. Assuming that knocking on the guest room's door would be enough to warn their precious guest about getting a visitor in his lovely little room, Jin decided to invite himself in and push down the handle to open the door.

However, what he surely did not expect was the door not opening once he tried to push it.

"Huh? Hoseok?"

This time Jin could hear some ruffling noises through the small creack that he had been able to get between the door and it's frames. They were quiet, but still loud enough to prove him right ー Hoseok really was in there.

"What's wrong? It's just me, Jin, can't you let me in?"

"I need a moment..."

"..."

The few words Hoseok responded with sounded so full of sadness, and just hearing how tearful the little boy's tone was while speaking made Jin want to force the door open and go hug the poor creature.

Something was wrong, he knew it, and it surely had something to do with what had happened the night before.

But for now, he would have to let it be. The guest room didn't have a lock, so it must have been Hoseok himself on the floor, blocking the door from opening.

"...If you feel any better, feel free to come join us for breakfast, okay?" Jin tried to sound a little more cheerful, but in the end who was he to hide his pain.

He felt bad, really bad.

If you asked him for the reason he felt that way, he wouldn't be able to name one. It was just a mix of lots of different thoughts and scenes he was going through in his head, and all of them had something to do with how Hoseok was acting.

Jin himself has been through a lot ー and I really mean that ー so he had grown up to know when something wasn't as simple as it seemed to be.

Jung Hoseok as the school's secretly soft baddie? There surely was more to it. Call it his sixth sense, Jin just knew something was up with the odd behaviour of their guest. All hot and cold.

But even after such a heartbreaking moment, Jin was able to crack a little smile at the whisper he heard coming from the other side of the guest room's door right before leaving downstairs.

"...Thanks, Jin."

× × ×

A/N

oh my gosh sweethearts
i can't believe it has been so long since i gave you an update... 🥺 please forgive me...

kjilsi dear, your comment really caught me off guard, i really had not realized you guys had to wait for so long, gosh!!

but here i am now, back with a new chapter! i sooooo hope you guys enjoyed this one, and as always, you little bean reading this, please take good care of your precious self! <3

stay safe 💕
ー hyun