Redemption

"What are you doing here?" Alanna sneered, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear. Brian raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"No makeup? That's a first," he commented. The girl hid her makeup-covered arm behind her back. 

"Shut up Brian." The piece of hair covered her cheek again, but this time she didn't bother to fix it. 

"I believe you have stolen two of my cats," you snapped back. She frowned, eyes darting back to the two cats in the cage. Ronald and Grell weren't making any noise, but instead lying down and staring up at Alanna.

"What proof do you have?" She took a menacing step towards you, almost pushing you off the front step. 

"Well, i-it's really just a gue-guess, but I think that she noticed that... well I dunno," Austin chimed in meekly, backing up behind Brian again.

"What he's trying to say is that you're the number one suspect," Brian finished. The blonde nodded behind him, clutching onto the taller one's shirt ever so slightly. Alanna huffed, but walked inside.

Ronald felt the cage be lifted up, making Grell freak out for a moment. The busty girl sighed, looking down at the cats with a sad gleam in her eye, like she doesn't want to give the two cats away. 

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" He whispered to the red cat, who had stopped his hissy-fit. Grell frowned for a minute. 

"What do you mean?"

"That we should go back to (Y/n). I mean, I love her but Alanna seems so broken and she just... she needs help," Ronald explained, watching the interaction between you and her. Ronald had tuned out both of your arguing quite awhile ago and turned to contemplating on the situation. 

Meanwhile, Grell just wanted to get home and get a good night's rest and maybe stalk Sebastian again.  

"Why did you take my cats?" You demanded. Alanna glared with a small smirk. 

"I told you I would get your cats someday," she replied triumphantly. Your eyes narrowed at her, but softened at the two cats sitting in the cage peacefully. 

"I'll ask again. Why did you take my cats?" Alanna sighed, handing the cage over. Ronald looked up, confused by this action. She bit her lip before grabbing your arm and dragging you into her house, slamming the door in the two boy's faces. 

Austin and Brian exchanged glances before Brian spoke up. "So... should we ditch and make out- I mean get take out?"

You sat down on the couch, facing the girl that you hate most. She sighed, releasing the cats from their cage. Ronald immediately hopped into your lap with a slight purr, as if to say that he missed you dearly. Meanwhile, Grell sat next to Alanna, making her smile slightly.

"I think the problem is that I'm lonely," she explained. "You see, my sister was really the only one that actually cares about me in the hellhole of a house, and my dad could care less about my well-being."

You stayed silent. You've never heard about this side of your worst enemy, and it's somewhat refreshing; like she wanted to be a reformed villain in your book. 

"Well, my mom left my dad and that made him spiral down into a depression that my sister and I tried to pull him out of... and now that she's gone-" she choked back a small sob- "I'm lonely."

"But you have so many friends at school," you noted, patting Ronald on the head. She shook her head. 

"I don't want to call them friends. I know they're like me. Whiny, spoiled bitches that don't want anything to do with 'peasants' like you guys," she spat, staring down at her legs. You knew that she felt truly ashamed of who she was. 

"So you truly are lonely. Y'know, I would tell you to join our little group, but you and I both know that it won't work out," you responded. She nodded with a small sigh.

"Yep. Dug my grave a little too deep," she chuckled, making you crack the smallest of smiles. "Well, I guess we have to hate each other forever."

"Woah woah woah, let's just see where the future leads us. Then we can see if we really are meant to hate each other or not," you laughed. Alanna finally returned your full-blown smile. 

"Yeah. Well, I should probably buy a cat and stop stealing yours, huh?" She shrugged. "I think... I'll go today. But do you- do you mind coming?"

Your eyes widened. Alanna, head bitch of the school, wants YOU to adopt a cat with her?! 

"I-I'm gonna go change into something... less thotty," she called before running to her room. You heard the slam of a door and the opening of drawers as she frantically rummaged through her clothes. You nudged Ronald off of you and stood up with a slight stretch. 

"Did she tell you her story?" You asked, looking down at Ronald. Grell seemed to have fallen asleep throughout the conversation. Ronald nodded, looking around the living area. You decided to look around as well. 

A picture on the mantle caught your eye, so you headed towards it and picked up the framed object. It showed a smiling family. The woman had a happy smile on her face, holding a younger Alanna in her arms. The man next to her held a slightly taller girl with long blonde hair and a mysterious smile on her lips, making her look tantalizing. 

The two younger girls were holding hands happily, making you smile at the purity of the picture. Alanna really did look different. 

"Okay I'm ready," she called, making you return the picture to its respectful place quite hastily before whipping your body around, taking in her style.

There was no makeup, and her hair was tied up into a bun. A snug sweatshirt adorned her curvy body and hid her bust. She had sweatpants on and some Uggs adorned her feet. Her face had no makeup on and large, fake glasses adorned her face. 

"Wow, you certainly look different," you commented with a smirk. She nodded grabbing her key and making her way towards the front door. 

"Thanks. Shall we get going?" She asked. Nodding, you ran after her retreating form with the cats in tow. You two walked the sidewalks, ignoring that Brian and Austin left you two to adopt a cat. 

"I live near an animal shelter. That's how I've really grown to love cats," she hummed. You nodded, looking down at your fuzzy buddies padding along. 

"They're soft, aren't they? And their paw pads are quite squishy and cute." Alanna smiled, playing with her large phone in her larger pocket. 

"Quite. We're almost there..." she said as you two rounded the corner and kept going straight. 

In no time, you both reached the large animal shelter. Alanna's eyes lit up at the sign, eager to go in. When you entered, howls of dogs and the meowing of cats filled the spacious room. A lady was standing behind a desk with a patient smile. 

"Hello, how may I help you?" She asked. 

"We- I would like to adopt a cat," Alanna exclaimed with eagerness. She nodded, taking out a sheet and a pen. 

"Alright, I'll need a few things from you," she responded. The teenager snatched the pen and hastily scribbled down some blanks on the paper. Meanwhile, you went to explore the animals. 

There was a small shih tzu in a cage lapping up some water, while a great hound occupied the one across from the smaller dog, staring at your back as you watched the dog drink. When it finished, it padded up to you. 

You giggled, putting a hand out and letting the dog sniff it before licking it with its tiny pink tongue. Ronald and Grell were off in the cat section staring at their "kind" (if you even wanted to call them that).

Meanwhile, Alanna was smiling at a small black and white kitten, who stared back at her with its large brown eyes. You noticed and decided to join Alanna. 

"Have you decided?" You asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. She nodded.

"I think I feel a connection with this little buddy," she said. The lady, who was standing next to her, unlocked the cage and Alanna took the cat into her arms, nuzzling it. The cat purred happily from the contact. 

"Thank you (Y/n)," she mumbled into the cat's soft fur. "Thank you for making me realize that I shouldn't endure my loneliness anymore."