Burning Riddle

"She's a goddamn goddess! What do you mean she's not breathing?!" Grell yelled, throwing his hands up in the air with annoyance in his eyes. 

"Maybe she's just resting?" Ronald piped up, sounding hopeful. Grell pulled on his hair in frustration. 

"What are we suppose to do now?!" 

William walked over and slapped him on the back of his head. Without his shears, that was the best he could do. "Calm down. We just have to see what we have to do." 

"Why is this place so protected?" Brian asked, leaning onto Austin. The blonde's eyebrows furrowed. 

"I think it's because of the inventory. It's suppose to be pretty valuable," Austin hypothesized. Brian nodded in agreement. 

"You're smart, love."

"Uh- don't call me that..." he replied, nervously trying to crack his knuckles. Brian smiled at his attempts to look cool. 

"Okay you lovebirds, there's a pedestal with writing on it over there. Who wants to try it out?" Ronald asked. Austin looked away while Brian wrapped an arm around him and stuck out his tongue at the reaper. 

"Fine, I'll do it," the dirty blonde said as Grell opened his mouth. With a small huff, the redhead closed it once more. 

Ronald approached the glowing pedestal. The green reflected softly off his glasses as he read the goal.

"Oh, all we need to do is solve a puzzle that only the gods know. If there is another deity or thing in the room, that god would immediately put to sleep until they exited the room and to the previous one."

"Piece of fucking cake!" Brian called out. "We can solve a puzzle only for the fucking gods."

"This is for (Y/n). I do feel some remorse for interfering with her life," William said, pushing his glasses up and approaching Ronald from behind. "What's the riddle?" 

You smiled, finally pulling out your only fancy dress. It was a dark blue sweater dress that exceeded the knees and hugged your figure tenderly. A knock on your open door made you jump as Sebastian entered with a calm smile.

"Is that your dress?" He asked politely. You nodded sheepishly. 

"Yeah, it's the best one I have really." He plucked the dress from your hands and inspected it. 

"Since it is you, I'm sure you can pull it off quite... elegantly." Your head tilted slightly to the side. 

"Why'd you stutter?"

"I couldn't find the words to describe how beautiful you'd be in this," he replied smoothly, raising a hand to his breast and bowed slightly. "I would simply love to help you doll up before the dance."

Free makeover from Sebastian? Sign me up! You thought as you quickly nodded with enthusiasm. Sebastian's face lit up as he handed your dress back to you. 

"I'm looking forward to it." He exited the room, leaving you to stare down the hall from the open door. Your mother was home, and her chatter could be heard from the living room. Alois and Ciel were being ratted out for arguing once again, making you sigh. They would never stop, even if they were in a fatal situation. 

You hung the dress back up on a hanger and headed downstairs, peering into the living room. Your mom noticed you, and flashed you a smile. 

"Hello honey, I was just telling these two not to fight anymore," she mused. Alois and Ciel had spooked expressions on their faces, making you raise an eyebrow.