Chapter 12

Jungkook's POV

Who does he think he is? No one tries to flirt with Nayeon. That's because no one can flirt with Nayeon, just because I'm always there, looking like the role of her boyfriend. That wink he threw at her, no. Just no. It was kind of an awkward wink. But at the same time, I wouldn't do any better than that so, who am I to judge?

"What a gentleman..." Nayeon said very softly, almost as if it were a whisper. I didn't care if she called him a gentleman, not my business. But at the same time, how come she never called me a gentleman. Her words few words earned that Joshua guy an extra glare. "Jungkook, are you okay?" She asked innocently. Oh, if only she knew this feeling. "I don't know." I mumbled. Really? I dont know. Is that seriously all I could say to her.

"Are you seriously on your period or...?" Then she stopped. Am I jealous? Does she think I'm jealous? I honestly didn't want to answer her question, so I just shot back at her with another question. "When are you going to set me and Lisa up?" She looked genuinely confused. "Eh, I don't really know, when do you want me to?" She managed to say. "Just do it today, I don't care." I said. "Umm... okay." Nayeon said uncomfortably. Thing got real awkward, and I didn't know what to do.

So I just quickened my pace. I thought Nayeon would try to catch up with me, but she didn't even try to. Seriously though, how come two guys are trying for Nayeon? If you're wondering, I'm not one of the two. It's Mark and Joshua. They don't even look like her type; I do! All I can say is that I like her. That's it. Not any of that lovey-dovey type of stuff. I just like her.

I saw Nayeon again in gym. I wanted to apologize to her about abandoning her while walking to school, but things are already pretty awkward. As I was walking over to her, I saw her talking to that Joshua guy. "Hey Nayeon," I said over protectively. "How's life?" I asked, trying to drag her attention away from Joshua. "Nayeon?" I asked. "Why aren't you answering me?" She wasn't responding. "What?" She snapped. "Um. Hi, it's me your best friend Jungkook." I answered.

Me saying, "Best friend," kinda hurts me. "Why'd you abandon me?" She asked, sounding hurt. "I didn't think it would hurt you." I answered. "Well it did," She said, turning back to Joshua. "But all I did was leave you alone for a single minute." I argued. But she wasn't paying attention to me anymore. All of her focus was left onto Joshua.

This seriously can't be happening to me. Did I just lose my best friend over some small matter? This can't be happening. This can't be happening. This can't be happening...

"JUNGKOOK, I SWEAR TO GOD WAKE UP! I GOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO YELL AT YOU!" I hear a familiar loud voice yell. It was Nayeon, and she wasn't ignoring me. I'm glad it was all just a dream. "What is it?" I said with relief. "I'm dating Joshua." She squealed. Damn. That hurts. I knew it. I like Nayeon. Not as a best friend. I like her as something more. "Isn't it great?" She asked with twinkling eyes. "Yeah, it's great." I lied, giving her a smile.

It hurts. It really does. Some people, like me, can hide their pain behind a smile. It looks pretty easy to do, but it's not. It hurts. It hurts pretending to be happy, when inside, you're sad. It hurts, not being able to tell someone you're close to, how you really feel about them. It hurts, not being able to control your emotions to the one you like, and the one you dislike.

That Joshua guy. I don't hate him because of his personality. I'm sure he's a nice guy with good intentions. It's just me. I don't know if I can still be friends with Nayeon, while she's dating him. Because no matter how hard I'd try to control my emotions, it's most likely not going to work. I just wish this was a dream, but I know this is reality.

"Jungkook, you want to know what liking someone feels like?" She asked. I didn't want to lose her like how I did in that dream, so I asked, "How?" Even though I know what liking someone feels like. "So, you have this feeling of jealousy and sadness when you see them around." She said. "Go on," I said. "And... you have butterflies in your stomach when you're with them. And... I think that's all." She finished. "That's it?" I teased.

"What? Do you think you could say any better?" She asked in a joking tone. "No... anyways did you ask Lisa about me or..." I asked. "Ohhh, that? She said you're cute and she'll give it a shot." She answered. "She did?" I asked really surprised. "Yeah of course, you look like an adorable bunny, so how couldn't she think you're cute." Nayeon said. Nayeon called me cute.

"Did you just say I'm cute?" I teased. "Yeah, do you have a problem with that?" She jokingly said. I'm glad this didn't get into some stupid and petty awkwardness. I'm glad she called me cute. "Oh, here's Lisa now." Nayeon said pointing to the door. "Lisa's here?" I asked. "Yeah, that's why I'm pointing to the door." She said with that "duh" tone in her voice.

"Hi Nayeon!" She greeted. "You're um, Jungkook right?" She asked me. This Lisa girl was cute, but Nayeon's cuter. "Yeah, I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you." I said politely. "Hi Lisa! I'm gonna leave you two to mingle so... bye!" Nayeon said. She walked off and went to Joshua, who was just across the room.

"Hi Jungkook, tell me about yourself." Lisa said. I told her a bunch of random stuff about me. I liked this girl, she was nice, she smiled a lot, she was even nice to Nayeon, and she wasn't the ho I thought she'd be. I'd like her as a friend.

Haiiii. Not much to say this chapter. So how's life? For me, exams suck. Anyways shout out to my 6 followers(yeh I know I'm lame lul):

NAYEONXJUNGKOOK78 OFFICIALISAY
JJungNakook
Yanna_031
SophiaMarianMG
hey_its_samxine

Anyways, tell me your thoughts on the story, I like reading those lololol, thx for following those of you. Stick around for 2019 for my two new ff's(details on my account) And I'll see you next chapter~Peace💜