Chapter 18

Nayeon's POV

The day of the performance/class audition

We had to perform the song that we were going to do on stage, and we just did it as a test run. Gfriend has a really good performance and Mrs. Kim is biased towards their group so you can see where this is going. As BTS went on, I can see Jungkook trying to avoid me. I'm really petty so I'm trying to do the same.

I tried to look on the performance itself rather than focusing on Jungkook as if I were a fancam without the actual camera. But that doesn't make me a fan. Of course it wouldn't. Who would be a fangirl of their own best friend- or should I say ex-best friend. Not me. Ha. Yeah. Uh-huh. Sure.

Wow, they have a really good chance of being chosen. As for when Seventeen had to perform, I found the whole thing pretty interesting as well. I kinda forgot about Joshua until he would be in the middle of the performance. Me being the petty ex I am, gave a hair flip and pretended to clap in awe.

Joshua seemed to notice and just shook his head in annoyance as he walked back to his desk. I expected us to go next, but that wasn't our teachers idea. Blackpink got to go and then we could go. Friggin Mrs. Kim gotta not. Almost too perfectly timed when Blackpink finished, the announcements went off.

"Teachers of Sophomore year, please send your chosen groups to the gym. We will be sending the other grades later. Thank you." I'm assuming that the dean said.

Mrs. Kim looked around the room and caught my eye. An evil grin broke out onto her face. "We didn't get to see Twice perform. I guess we will when they're on stage." It's hard enough in front of one class, imagine it front of your entire school. Just when I thought she was gone, she turned to BTS. "As for the boy group, I have selected BTS. Go now." She ordered us.

We all rushed out of the door. Jungkook and I kept our distance on our way. I'm guessing he didn't tell his members about the break. "What's up with you two?" Hoseok asked. I pretended like my earbuds were too loud so I could avoid the question. But it seems like Hoseok wasn't having it. He pulled my earbud out of my ear and repeat the question.

"I'm just quiet today, that's all." I shrugged then put my earbud back in. He didn't believe it, but he walked off anyways. Momo came over to me and asked, "Shouldn't they have the right to know about the break as well? It's not like it's just you and Jungkook getting affected here." She's right. "I turned to her teary eyed. She got the message and went over to Hoseok.

I could hear them whispering quietly. I suppose everyone else was gonna spill, so I waked over to Dahyun and Tzuyu. "Everyone's breaking up." Tzuyu frowned. "No?" I tried to say, but it came out more as a question. "Why do they all look depressed as you then?" Dahyun tried to joke, but it didn't work. "I'm sure they're just telling them the news about Jungkook and I's break." I reassured.

As the oldest, it's hard to keep all of their spirits up. Dahyun turned to Tzuyu and said, "I'm glad we don't have all this relationship stuff going on in our lives." Tzuyu quietly nodded since I was standing there. "Actually..." I said in suspense. "There's these two guys in Seventeen I hope you two can hit it off with." I winced.

I thought they'd be mad or they'd be confused. "No! Of all groups, why Seventeen? They're all douchebags. Especially Joshua. Don't let his gentleman-ness get to you." Dahyun tried to say as tough as possible. "Gentleman-ness?" Tzuyu asked as we snickered. "I can't think properly, so cut me some slack here. I'm big mad." Dahyun explained.

In the meanwhile, Tzuyu is curious. "Who is it?" She asked. "The tall one with the handsome face. Uhm- hold on I'm thinking of his name." I explained. "Oh I think I know who you're talking about." Dahyun exclaimed. "Vernon right?" I was about ready to burst into laughter. "Dahyun, you crack me up. Vernon is the one I want to set you up with." I said.