0.9

Renjun grabbed Eunhye's wrist and pulled her towards him. Renjun's lips parted and his eyes grew wide at the sight of tears flowing down Eunhye's cheeks.

Eunhye covered her face and tried to muffle her sobs.

"Why did you follow me."

"I can't leave my best friend when she's feeling sad."

Renjun said with a smile and engulfed her in a warm hug. He made sure not to let go until she had calmed down completely.

"How about I help you get your mind off him?"

Renjun held her shoulders and grinned. Upon seeing Eunhye's smile, he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the nearby shopping centre.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Where do you wanna go? My treat."

Renjun asked as Eunhye's eyes darted all around the shopping centre, he eyes landing on the arcade. She pointed to the arcade and bounced excitedly.

"You're going down, sucker!"

Eunhye screamed as she continued shooting the basketballs into the hoop, her score way ahead of Renjun's. Then, the game ended, with Eunhye as the winner.

"Hmpf, you won only because I let you."

"Ey, don't be a sore loser."

Eunhye crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out like a kid. Renjun grinned at the sight.

"We've been here for like, an hour already. Want to get something to eat?"

Eunhye nodded as Renjun slung his hand over her shoulder and dragged her to the ice cream parlour.

"Here-"

"I already told you, my treat."

Eunhye only pouted and shoved the money back into her wallet. She watched as Renjun went to order the ice cream. Unknowingly, her lips curved into a smile.

I can't believe we went from awkward seatmates to best friends, I hope this friendship never ends. I don't know what I would do without him.