Heartbreak

Alec took a deep breath and knocked. Magnus opened the door, his cat like eyes scanning the corridor. His eyes fell on his ex and he sighed.

"What do you want?" he demanded.

"You," Alec replied softly, "You're all I want, all I need."

"You should have thought about that before you plotted to remove my immortality."

"I know! I- It was Camille. She got inside my head, made me think that you didn't care about me, that I was just one of many lovers who's hearts you had stolen and broken."

"Did she posses you?"

"What?"

"Camille- Did she possess you?"

"No."

"Then your actions were your own. She didn't make you listen to her, believe you. You did that yourself."

"I'm sorry!"

"Just leave Alec. I love you, but we can't be together. You betrayed me. I can't forgive you that."

"Magnus! Please," Alec wailed.

"Just leave Alec! I never want to have anything to do with you or your shadowhunter friends again!" he roared, masking his heartbreak with rage.

A picture formed in his mind. It was of Clary. But she was not alone. Sebastian stood by her, whispering to her. Corrupting her. Her black eyes gleamed as her brother embraced her.

He knew then that the safe house was no longer safe enough. Sebastian would find a way inside. Or force her out.

He had to find them before it was too late...